We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isha Ashram

New Delhi
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Isha Ashram

I intend to visit the Isha Ashram from 4-9 April 2012. What would be the weather like during that time?

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isha Ashram

Quite warm. Coimbatore and surroundings have an early summer. Light cottons would be ideal.

Rajan

New Delhi
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Isha Ashram

Thanks Rajank.What about evenings,are they cold or warm?

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isha Ashram

Hi

April Temperatures in Coimbatore are normally in their mid to high 30's (say 35 C) during the day and around 25 C at night.

The Ashram, being on the foot hills of the Vellingiri mountains, may have a slight variation of a couple of degrees . . .

regards

Rajan

New Delhi
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Isha Ashram

Thanks Rajan

New Delhi
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Isha Ashram

Are there any more places/temples worth visiting enroute the airport from Isha ashram? I have a flight at 1.15pm back from Coimbatore. Before that I will be at the Isha ashram

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isha Ashram

Hi

You will be passing through the famous Perur temple to get to the Isha ashram. The perur temple is a good place to visit.

regards

Rajan

New Delhi
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Isha Ashram

Thanks Rajan. So what time shud i leave the ashram to be able to go to the Perur temple and reach the airport at 12noon.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Isha Ashram

What about Marudamalai, Patteeswarar and Avinashi temples?How can one go there?

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Isha Ashram

Hi

Patteeswarar temple is called the Perur temple in this area. The drive between the Isha ashram to airport is normally around 1 hour fifteen minutes to 1 hour thirty minutes. The temple is on the way to the airport. In fact, you will pass through it. So, if you leave the Ashram around 9 AM, you will be at the temple by 9:30. Spend half an hour and drive out by 10:00 to reach the airport by 11:00 (assuming your flight is at 12:00)

The avinashi temple is around 50 Kms away and cannot be clubbed within the time you have mentioned.

Marudhamalai, is on a different route, but not very far away. Maybe, if you leave the Ashram a little earlier (Say 6:30 AM) you can finish Perur on the way, get to Marudhamalai by 9:00 AM, leave Marudhamalai around 10:00 to reach airport around 11:00.

regards

Rajan

regards

Rajan

Chennai, India
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Isha Ashram

i wish to drive from chennai to ajantha caves..i really really need your advice friends......thank u for any soul who helps me out....-shivam