We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

Hi, I am planning for my honeymoon trip to Sikkim and Darjeeling if possible.

1) I will be arriving on 10-Feb-14, morning in bagdogra airport at 11 30 am.

2) What are the good places to stay and see in Sikkim. As it is mid feb, so how will be the weather.

3) I am also a Club mahindra member so have booked 10-13th feb -3 nights in Gangtok.

4) What are the other beautiful places i can cover. I am planning about pelling, lachung, and baiguney or darjeeling.

Please suggest itenary of 9-10 nights, with some good hotels. I am looking for luxury end.

Thanks,

Vivek

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

Hi Vivek,

As you've already booked Gangtok for 3 days, the plan can be as below.

10th - Reach Gangtok from Bagdogra

11th - Gangtok local s/s

12th - Tsomgo Lake Baba Mandir. In Feb Tsomgo Lake might be closed if there is heavy snowfall around your visit. The hotel can advise you about it. If it is closed then spend the day in leisure at Gangtok.

13th - Gangtok to Baiguney (Club Mahindra) via Ravangla, Temi Tea Garden, Samdruptse, Namchi Char Dham

14th - Baiguney to Kaluk (Ghonday Village Resort)

15th - Kaluk Sunrise, Visit Hee-Bermiok, Rincehnpong, Uttarey and move to Pelling (Elgin Mount Pandim)

16th - Pelling local s/s

17th - Pelling to Darjeeling (Mayfair)

18th - Darjeeling local s/s

19th - Back to Bagdogra

Hotels are suggested beside the place. The weather will be very cold. The min temp will be 0-5 degree and max temp will be 9-14 degree. The min temp can be even sub-zero in places like Kaluk if the weather is bad.

Thanks,

Himadri.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

Just one point, Ghonday Village Resort is mid-range only and not a luxury end hotel. So if you don't want to stay there then you can go to Pelling directly visiting places like Kaluk, Hee-Bermiok, Rinchenpong, Uttarey directly.

Thanks,

Himadri.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

Thanks sir for ur guidance. I dont know if baiguney has anything to offer compared to pelling or lachung. Is lachung feasible in feb..

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

Hi Vivek,

I suggested Baiguney as you are Club Mahindra member and Namchi does not have any luxury end hotel (at least I haven't heard of any).

Lachung is just a village in North Sikkim. You may be able to go there in Feb. But the main points to be visited from Lachung is Yumthang, Katao, Zero Point. These places might not be open in Feb as there are chances of heavy snow. If you are lucky then you can cover them.

Thanks,

Himadri.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

Thanks V much for the advice. I am right now confused with Pelling hotel, between Mayfair and Chumbi mountain retreat. the later is newer i guess. Any one any idea how is Chumbi Mountain retreat pelling.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

I cannot comment here as I have no idea about it. May be some other person can help you. You can PM the persons who has given the reviews in TA to get more details.

7. Re: Sikkim honeymoon during 10-Feb-2014 onwards.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 11:50