I intend to tour North East in May 2013. Need guidance from people who have traveled to this part. My tentative itinerary (a little lazy and less adventurous) + questionnaire are are as follows
1. 8 May 2013 : Reach Bagdogra Airport from Mumbai via Flight.
2. 9 May 2013 : Reach Pelling. Spend 2-3 nights in Pelling.
3. 12 May 2013 : Reach Lachen. Spend 2 nights in Lachen.
4. 14 May 2013 : Go to Lachung. Spend 2 nights in Lachung.
5. 15 May 2013 : Come down to Gangtok. Spend 4-5 nights in Gangtok. ( I am a club Mahindra member and intend to spend few nights in the CM resort).
6. 21 May 2013 : Travel from Gangtok to Pheuntsholing. Spend 1 night in Pheuntsholing.
7. 22 May 2013 : Travel from Pheuntsholing to Bhutan. Spend 6-7 nights in Bhutan.
8. 28 May 2013 : Travel back to Pheuntsholing. Spend a night in Pheuntsholing.
9. 29 May 2013 : Pheuntsholing to Bagdogra and back to Mumbai.
1. We will reach Bagdogra between 1:30 to 2:30 PM after an air journey of 4.5 hours. Should we continue road journey straight to Pellling or should we stay a night in Bagdogra or Siliguri and start the road journey next day early morning?
2. Unfortunately my son and I suffer from motion sickness. Will travelling after a light meal in afternoon lead to issues? Is the road all curvy and merry-go-round type? Not that we can change anything but pre warned - we can avoid meals.
3. Should we stop and stay at Darjeeling or has it lost its charm? Seeing Pelling / Lachung / Lachen / Gangtok will be great and we can we avoid Darjeeling?
4. I have heard of Neora Jungle Valley Camp. Any idea how it is? How far is it from Bagdogra? Should we spend 2 nights here?
5. Is the road journey from Pheuntsholing to Bhutan again very tough? Do we get SUV / MUV or only regular taxis?
6. Is it worth visiting Bhutan or should in this trip only see Sikkim?
Await your replies.
Thanks and Regards / Pinesh Mehta