We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kathmandu to sikkim

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Kathmandu to sikkim

Which is the most economic way to reach gangtok form kathmandu?

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kathmandu to sikkim

Somehwere around 50kms near Silliguri there is a entry point to Nepal however it takes around 14hrs journey by Road to reach Kathmandu i came across this details last year when i was planning for some trip around these places so do make some google search on this. From Silliguri it takes 6hrs to reach Gangtok.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
39 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kathmandu to sikkim

thanks ratna so which is the other roadway to reach kathmandu? do u have any suggestions on that?

gangtok
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kathmandu to sikkim

Hi Swatchat,

the most economical way to reach gangtok from kathmandu is via bus from balaju bus station(katmandu), you get the ticket till kakaravitta(nepal india border).from there cross into panitanki(india).here you will find plenty of bus plying for siliguri,hop into any of this to reach SNT which stands for sikkim transport.from here you either come by shared taxi jeep or by bus which is little cheaper.

i hope this helps..........

gangtok
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kathmandu to sikkim

Hi Swatchat,

the most economical way to reach gangtok from kathmandu is via bus from balaju bus station(katmandu), you get the ticket till kakaravitta(nepal india border).from there cross into panitanki(india).here you will find plenty of bus plying for siliguri,hop into any of this to reach SNT which stands for sikkim transport.from here you either come by shared taxi jeep or by bus which is little cheaper.

i hope this helps..........feel free to contact me anytime in gangtok.

yhkwan
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kathmandu to sikkim

do u have any idea hw much the buses from katmandu to india nepal border and the jeep from the border up to sikkim cost? i'm actually interested to go to gantok and yuksom

6. Re: Kathmandu to sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 11:52