We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

Ahmedabad, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

Hi,

We are family of four with two kids and will be spending 2 nights in Udaipur this weekend. I need some suggestions and information on sightseeing...

1) I want to allocate one full day for sightseeing from morning around 9.30 a.m. to about 7.00 p.m. Can someone please suggest a full itinerary for important places/things to cover. I know, I will atleast do City Palace, and Boating in Lake Pichola... What else should I cover apart from the above two.

2) What would be the charges for boating and what would be an ideal way or place from where I should start boating..What all should I cover while boating like going to X place or getting off etc...I want it to be a memorable one...

3) I would be driving to Udaipur so, how easy or convenient it is to drive to all these sight seeing places and parking facility ? should I drive everywhere or should I park my car at one place and then move around in rickshaw or taxi ? How is rickshaw charges ? Is it by meter or fixed random charges agreed upon from one place to another ?

I would appreciate other suggestions also apart from my questions.

Thanks in advance.

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

Dear Imlibra greetings from udaipur !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope you are comining at udaipur by your car then i want to give you sum plan witch is like this ----

i hope you are coming from Ahmedabad so when you enter in udaipur by road first you will be rih at paras choraha then stret from patel sarcal you will be rich atrang niwas hotel choraha left from thear stret left youwill be enter at palace complex take tiket from in side gate for all thing like palace +bot ride + vintage car + lunch at gardan hotel thear is pakege tiket avilable you can park your car in palace premaice with this pakage prise i think 2 opstaion is thear 1St.- 850 Rs. & 1150 Rs. for more datil you can chake this --- http://www.eternalmewar.in/Intro_Short.aspx

for more datil feel free to ask & if you want to make contect to poster chake usear profil.

tahnks & regards

Udaipur, India
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

Dear Imlibra greetings from udaipur !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

normaly to see in udaipur place like this -- city palace,jagmandir with bot ride,saheliyon ki bari,sukhadiya carkle,fateh sager,moti mangri,rop way,doodh talai,gulab bagh with toy train,vintage car at gardan hotel,nehru gardan witch is midel of lake fateh sagar,shilp gram,bhartiya lok kala mandal,baghor ki haveli ets.

thanks & regards

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

1 & 2 - You should park your car at the City Palace and visit City Palace, walk around in the Jagdish Chowk area, then do the boat ride (rates at - http://www.hrhhotels.com/Regal-Visits/Boat-Charters.aspx). There is a set boat ride itinerary and you can not wander around in a boat on your own. Return to your car and drive to Saheliyon ki Bari, Fateh Sagar, Rana Pratap Smarak and Sajjan Garh for sunset.

Ahmedabad, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

Thank you very much for your kind information and time...

Thanks

Ahmedabad, India
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

should I drive everywhere or should I park my car at one place and then move around in rickshaw or taxi ? How is rickshaw charges ? Is it by meter or fixed random charges agreed upon from one place to another ?

Can someone answer on this ?

Thanks

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

Pls see my suggestion. The first half you can park at City Palace. The second half it is better to drive. Dont waste money on autos if you have your own car.

7. Re: Sightseeing Question in Udaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 05:46