We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

Chennai, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

Hi,

I and my wife are planning to travel by a luxury bus (volvo sleeper?) from Udaipur to Jodhpur. This would be in the 3rd week of December. Are there any websites where I could book bus tickets for this trip. If not, could someone please recommend a few bus operators who would be able to book a ticket if we called them.

Is there an alternate way of going from Udaipur to Jodhpur. I understand that there are no trains available.

Thx

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

May check Redbus site....

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

Train to Ajmer and then to Jodhpur.

Chennai, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

thx a lot for your reply...

but i would be spending almost 20 hrs to travel a 250km distance (including stopover wait). any other suggestions?

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

Shrinath is one of the biggest private bus operator see http://www.shrinath.biz/

Doubt if they have Volvos

Chennai, India
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

thank you for the link. however the bus search doesnt seem to work. if i called them up and managed to reserve 2 tickets, can I rest assured that my reservation would be honored when I land up there?

ive read about too many instances of hotel reservations not being honored inspite of written confirmations.

thx

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

I dont think you have to worry about a bus reservation this early..unlike trains people dont book buses in advance. If you book a day or two before your date of travel (i.e after you get into Udaipur, Im sure youll stay there for 2 days at least) you should be able to get the reservation.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

The distance is about 200+ kms and it's about 5 hours by bus.

Udaipur
Level Contributor
387 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

Hi Indijinx

1) No Volvo Coaches from Udaipur to Jodhpur

2) There are Dlx Coaches of State Run which has got sleeper and are better than Pvt Coach Operators

3) No Online Bookings are possible, Get it done once you are there in Udaipur from the Central Coach Station

Cheers

New Delhi
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

We are recently back from Jodhpur/Udaipur from our year end break. There is no Volvo service between Jodhpur and Udaipur. Vary poor bus service in this sector. We took a Jain Travels bus service on 1st jan and got a very bad experience. The ticket was sold to us saying that the service is for deluxe bus. WE paid Rs.265 per person. But the bus was stopping after every 20/25 minutes picking up local passengers. It took around 7 hours to reach Jodhpur. When we complaint the conductor of the bus, they behaved very badly with us. Jain travels is no better than other service provider. We enquired with other local passenger about the bus services in this route, they replied that services are same for almost all service provider

Try to hire a Taxi which which will cost anywhere between Rs.2200-2800 for Indica. its worth paying the higher amount considering the bad service.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Udaipur to Jodhpur by Road

Rajasthan Roadways runs good buses on this sector some of them are AC also.