We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

Victoria
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

HI,

I would appreciate any advice on the choice between visiting Bagore Ki Haveli (without the evening show) and City Palace. I have time for only 1 of them.

As for City Palace, can I opt to buy the ticket for just the palace and not the ticket for the museum?

Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

there is no comparison between these two places, City palace is far better n bigger than bagore ki haveli.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,308 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

Its city palace.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

Hi,

I will also suggest you City Palace

Regards

Discovery Prime Tours

Beirut
Level Contributor
921 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

Hi,

City palace is the largest complex palace in Rajahstan, it is formed of several marvelous courtyards, pavilions, terraces, corridors, rooms and hanging gardens, the interiors have delicate mirror-work, marble work, murals, wall paintings, silver work, inlay work and surplus of colored glass.In addition the palace is rich in a various themed museums , where you can get more familiar with the rich culture.

Inaya

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

NAMASKAR. City place of udaipur is greater than Bagore ki Haveli. City palace is the property of the Udaipur Maharaja Kings of Mewar but Bogore ki Haveli is the property of the prime minister Amir chand Badwa so you can understand what grandeur of the city palace. The Bagore ki Haveli was built 18th century other hand City palace was built in 1559 AD. Bagore Haveli is brilliant piece of Rajput and colonial architecture. City palace was built in Mogul era so it is the mixture of indo-Islamic,traditional Hindu Rajput style architecture.

In my opinion city palace should be first priority if the time allows must visit Bagore ki Haveli also.

Thanks keep traveling.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

Evelyn,

I understood from your post that time is important factor to choose one only . Then here is my opinion

Palace complex is such a large complex to visit, it is largest palace of Rajasthan..if you are running short of time go for palace complex only which can be manage in 20 minutes time with photography. Palace complex ticket is Rs.30 only fassade of main palace Zannana Mahal and Fateh prakash palace and lake Pichola photography required 30 minutes only

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

Bagore Ki Haveli is Famous for the evening show and This is the best activity to do in Udaipur. and as you mention you don't want to go evening show then in daytime UDAIPUR CITY PALACE COMPLEX Gives you Museum / Crystal Gallery / Boat Ride / Jagmandir Island / Vintage Car Collection do as much as you can see in City Palace of Udaipur.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace

Hi EvelynVictoria,

Absolutely visit the City Palace Museum. It is one of Rajasthan's most impressive palace complexes which contains 4 separate palace areas, whilst Bagore Ki Haveli, being very interesting is but a simple mansion, once the lakeside home of a royal family member rather than being the home of generations of kings and queens.

You can purchase a ticket which is entrance to the museum and grounds for Rs300. An entrance ticket into the grounds only is Rs30, however you will see very little. I would recommend visiting the museum and wandering the grounds afterwards. There is a separate ticket for entrance into the Crystal Gallery, but if time is short, stick with the museum.

Reply to: Bagore Ki Haveli or City Palace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted