We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jodhpur RIFF-2011

Surat, India
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Jodhpur RIFF-2011

Hello,

I am visiting Jodhpur for RIFF (Rajasthan International Folk Festival) this year.

Would like to know which is the best bet for accommodation nearest to Mehrangarh Fort. There would be lot of to and from travelling to the fort and would like to stay as near as possible.

Also,what are the options for late night commuting in the city.

Thanks,

Peshi

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

HI,

You have not adviced your ideal budget .

There are many hotels near clock tower ,from there you can walk 20 to 30 minut walk .

The hotels names are ,Hotel haveli inn pal, pal haveli , singhvi haveli , yogi guest house , hare krishna g,h, kp haveli, cosy g.h and many more .

you can fine all type of budgets.

Have nice trip,

DEV

Surat, India
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

Thanks Dev,

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
463 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

If you are looking for some classic hotel then go or The Raas one of the best hotel of jodhpur.

Pal Haveli is also a good option.

USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

Hi,

How far is Taj Gateway from Mehrangarh fort?

Thanks

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

Hi,

Taj gateway is almost 10 to 12 kms from Mehran Garh Fort , near hotel best hotel in old city is pal haveli

jodhpur
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

agreed with nimbera and if u wan stay in old city than pal haveli is the best option fr all kind of budget with a classy view of mehrangarh,clock tower and old city

Pune
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

Hi Peshi and everyone else,

I'm visiting for the RIFF too. I'm looking for something on the lines of a dharmshala kind of accommodation. Something between 300 and 700 INR.

I'm a student and single female traveler. Need is the same - to stay as close as possible to the fort, as there shall be lots of traveling involved in relation to the festival.

Any any ideas/ suggestions will be helpful. This is my first trip to the city, and I have no clue.

Many thanks

Vatsala

Surat, India
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

Hi Vatsala,

I guess your best bet could be http://www.veggiguesthousejodhpur.com/. It seems it is close to the Fort and in your budget as well.

I came across this during my research, so can't really give you any reviews. But it is run by all ladies team, so that might be a good thing for you.

Hope to see you at the festival

Peshi

9. Re: Jodhpur RIFF-2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 01:47
Get answers to your questions about Jodhpur
Recent Conversations