We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

My husband and I are coming to Jodhpur from the dunes in Jaisalmer on January 3 for one night before going to Jaipur on January 4.

I tried to book Ratan Vilas but it was sold out, and Ajit Bhawan is sold out as well.

We need to stay in the city or at least a short(ish) ride to the airport. We need a room with a large bed and its own bathroom - the more comfortable the better, and rat and roach free, please! If possible we'd like to stay in a heritage property.

Also we are on a budget with it being an extended trip.

Please help - any suggestion is helpful!

azurblue
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

try this one.perhaps the best hotels in his range.so many feedback over tripadvisor and other sites as well.

HOTEL KUCHAMAN HAVELI

Contact

Abdul Abid

Mobile 91 92140 73521, 91 98294 63521

Inside Merti Gate, Jodhpur (Raj.) INDIA

Email : kuchaman_haveli@yahoo.com, kuchaman_haveli@sify.com

Web : http://www.kuchamanhaveli.com

HOPE IT WORKS.

A

Udaipur
Level Contributor
387 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

Try Ranbanka Palace

else on a budget side try Krishan Prakash Heritage

Cheers

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

In budget range, you may look at Devi Bhavan and Chandelao Garh too....

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

Karni Bhawan is close to the airport - www.karnihotels.com

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

Devi Bhawan is very nice, inexpensive hotel. Nice garden and pool and very friendly staff. Imaginatively decorated rooms. Certainly no rats or roaches!!

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

my vote for Devi Bhawan, its nice peacefull place with garden and good service.

and yes not very pricry- it is close to the airport too.

cheers.

Guidedesert.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

...... And yes not very pricy(expensive). sorry for mistake.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

My advise to stay The Blue House... a Unique 500 yr. old blue haveli in the heart of old blue city. Wonderful Rooms,360 degree view from roof top restaurant and great services. Highly Recommended Jankar Temple Room, a stone carving wonderful room in a very reasonable price.

They also have web site... www.bluehousejodhpur.com

Cheers.

Edited: 07 December 2009, 12:10
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

Looks like a nice place, How much did you pay there ?

And I just noticed that your Screen Name is similar to the Guest House you are recommending, are you the owner/employee of this place ?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Jodhpur - one night only

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about this until you were actually in Jaisalmer. When you emerge from the dunes (which will probably be the best experience you'll ever have on your trip to India, even if, like me, you're not exactly a camel lover), call in at the Shahi Palace Hotel and ask one of the brothers to contact their friend who is the owner of Pal Haveli (or is it Haveli Pal.... I never quite got it right) in Jodhpur. The Shahi Palace brothers are really very eager to see that visitors to their part of the world go away with the right impression, and the chances are that they will turn up something better for you (and better value) than you would find for yourself by booking "blind" from this forum.

We never actually "stayed" at Pal Haveli, as we had only a day in Jodhpur, and spent the night at Shahi Palace in Jaisalmer; but one of the brothers, who met us at Jodhpur Station and drove us between the two cities, suggested that we might like to freshen up before he showed us the best of Jodhpur, and so he took us to the Pal Haveli, where we had the use of a room for as long as we needed it, just as part of the service.

We're budget travellers who don't usually get to see the inside of rooms of this quality (the bathroom was bigger than some of the hotel rooms we stayed in), so we were really knocked out by Pal Haveli... and its location is just wonderful, right near the gate at the Old City, so all the must-see sights of Jodhpur -- the markets, the Omelette Man, and the best lassi shop in Rajasthan -- are literally three minutes' walk away, maximum.