We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

connecticut, US
Level Contributor
65 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

Hello,

I will be in Rajasthan from Feb 19th till Feb 24th (arrive at Jodhpur on 19th morning, drive to Jaisalmer on same afternoon, back to Jodhpur on 21st morning, drive to Udaipur via Ranakpur on 22nd noon and fly to Udaipur on 24th).

I got a quote for A/C Toyota Qualis - Rs 2000/day in Jodhpur and Rs 2800/day outside Jodhpur; 300 km minimum/day; max 10 hours/day. I will find out if there is any other extra (so far I believe it is all inclusive).

a) Is the rental rate reasonable?

b) Once we reach Udaipur (last leg), I guess we don't need the car for 23rd and 24th. We will be staying in Amet Haveli (walking distance to city attractions) and probably Oberoi hotel; is it advisable to retain the car?

c) Is the driver tip about Rs 100/day reasonable? (half after 1st day and second half on last day)

Regards,

ConnecticutPalaceFan

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
463 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

HI,

Peace be at your home and in life too.

Welcome to India!!!

Yes, the price quote you got is reasonable, you should go for it.

Since you are staying exactelt in the city center so once you are in Udaipur you don't need car.

Tipping is the personal matter but as far I think it should not be less then 200 a day rest is depend on your pocket and services of the driver.

Wish you all the best.

Bon Voyage.

Raju India.

2. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2009, 23:02
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

I recommend you stick to the Toyota Innova. The Qualis was phased out by Toyota several years ago and the models that remain are mostly old. The min KM is normally 250 per day in Jaipur and Udaipur even though in Jodhpur they tend to stick to this unreasonable demand of 300 km per day. Just hire a vehicle from Udaipur and youll get a better price. That should also teach the Jodhpur wallahs to correct their prices.

The price of the Innova is around Rs 10 to Rs 12 per km plus driver meal allowance plus tolls/taxes etc.

While you can still walk from Amet to the City Palace, I dont know if youll have the energy to walk back also. Safer to keep the car unless youre serious walkers. From the Oberoi youll definitely need the car.

Dricer tip of Rs 100 or USD 2 per day for someone who will probably be with you 12 hours a day is pretty low and I would give such a tip to a driver I was very unhappy with (you still must tip to show how displeased you are!!). However the driver will take whatever you give happily. But it is upto you to put a fair price to his efforts and if you are happy, be generous.

connecticut, US
Level Contributor
65 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

Thank you Npjai; I have found your messages in the Rajasthan forums extremely valuable. I also got similar feedback about Toyota Qualis and asked for a quote for A/C GM Tavera instead:

19 9:30 am jodhpur kila, evening jaisalmer

20 jaisalmer whole day

21 jaisalmer morning - jodhpur

22 jodhpur - udaipur

Rs 9.00 per km, 300 km per day

I think it is all inclusive (except tips); so the rate is very similar to Rs 10 to 12 per km, 250 km plus tax and toll.

I will keep in mind your suggestion about driver tip. I will be staying one day in Amet Haveli and the last day in Lake Palace hotel (decided over Oberoi after a lot of dilemma); probably next time in Oberoi. We don't plan to do much sight-seeing except for city palace and relax in the hotels instead and eat in Jagat Niwas, Amet Haveli and other restaurants. Probably auto-rickshaws will be fine from one point to another.

Regards

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

Happy to help!!

San Jose
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

We are going there in about the same dates, here is what I got

20th feb. - Jodhpur Local Tour Major Sight seeing

21st feb. - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer

22nd feb.- Sightseeing of Jaisalmer

23rd feb. - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur.

Tata Indica Air-conditioned Tariff: 9500 INR

Include :

Toll Taxes, Parking Fees, Interstate Taxes, Fuel Charge.

Exclude :

Entry tickets at all monuments in Jodhpur & Jaisalmer,Tips.

If we skip the first day in Jodhour, the rate will be 7000 INR

San Jose
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

We are going there in about the same dates, here is what I got

20th feb. - Jodhpur Local Tour Major Sight seeing

21st feb. - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer

22nd feb.- Sightseeing of Jaisalmer

23rd feb. - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur.

Tata Indica Air-conditioned Tariff: 9500 INR

Include :

Toll Taxes, Parking Fees, Interstate Taxes, Fuel Charge.

Exclude :

Entry tickets at all monuments in Jodhpur & Jaisalmer,Tips.

If we skip the first day in Jodhour, the rate will be 7000 INR

Singapore
Level Contributor
361 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

In Jodpur you probably can take the tuktuk for 40-50rs to the fort and same amount for return to the old city.

You probably don't need the car in Jodhpur

Anyway as suggested, take the Innova - I sat in both the qualis and innova and would definitely recommend Innova

Yes Udaipur you probably don't need the car much

9. Re: car rental rate for Toyota Qualis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 17:49