We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Night 3 days trip

Noida
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
2 Night 3 days trip

Hi, I need to know if we should hire a cab for 3 days to visit Jaisalmer, or can we get local transport inside city for sightseeing at reasonable rates? I have two kids with me (5 yrs and below one year). We plan to stay at city first night and go to camp second night... How is it suggested? shall we go to camp first and then to city? How to commute for three days?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

when travelling long distances you can look for cab and within the city Auto or any other local transport is good to move around.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

Jaisalmer is a small town (till i visited this place i used to think it was a City) so for the local site seeing even an Auto will be more than sufficient and will save your costs as well, the union has some fixed costs, we did use an Auto itself but for the Desert Safari you need to go by a car and it can be worked out along with the package they offer either you return back or wanted to stay overnight. Almost every hotel will have a link with a local tour operator for the Desert Safari. We stayed at Rajasthan Tourism accommodation and the tour operator who had done the desert safar was Rajpurohit Travels Mobile: 9413059991 / 9982246639

Noida
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

Thanks for the response. Please comment on the RTDC hotel also. Should we stay at Sand Dunes on day 1 or Day 2?

Noida
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

@Deepak - Sir I am travelling by Train, and not sure how much time it would take to reach Sand Dunes and what is the best time to reach there (5:00 PM or earlier). I need to visit Lodurva also, whcih I have been told is on the way to Dunes....

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

I think it will good if hire taxi for 03 days that will cost you less if you hire taxi for partly than it cost more.

Best time to reach at dunes around 4;30PM

thanks nimbera

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

RTDC hotels are Ok. You may check some other Hotels review before finalise your Hotel in Jaisalmer

Here is about spending a night in camps

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g297667-d3702909…

montreal
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

Hire taxi when you are there better for a entire day it's not expensive and driver waiting for you,my driver took me even to his family show how they live ,was really nice,we ate at his place with his family

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

I will suggest you to take Tuk Tuk for the local sightseen as Jaisalmer is not a very big city and for the sand dunes you can hire a Cab Service there which can take you to Sand dunes at around 4 PM and there you can take a camel ride for about 1 hour and later you can enjoy dinner with local dance.

Most of the hotels can arrange this for you.

In hotels, I will suggest you to take Hotel Fifu 3* www.hotelfifu.com

Also if you want arrangement for Desert Camel Safari then you can contact Oasis Desert Safari.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

Well if you plan on travelling just Inside the city you should get a Auto Rickshaw. But if you plan to travel long distances you can hire a cab. The time from Jaisalmer city to sam is 30 - 40 Minute.

I would suggest you to hire a cab when going to Sam desert and also to nearby areas.

Rest you can cover with Auto Rickshaws.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Night 3 days trip

As mentioned in my above post i did stay in Rajasthan Tourism accommodation and you can stay there, good decent and large rooms and pleasant environment.