We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

We will have spent the night in Bharatpur and gotten up early for morning bird watching. We will have an onward train to Udaipur booked that leaves Jaipur at 2255.

What kind of bus transport to Jaipur can we get after the bird watching that would get us to Jaipur in time for a quick look at the Hawa Mahal/Pink City attractions before they close?

Also how much is the bus and how often do they depart?

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Hey,

Bharatpur is well connected to Jaipur by road. Volvos, deluxe, semi deluxe, rajisthan buses are there.Price depends on choosing the type of bus. not expensive . The cost would be Rs250-450 per person.

You can book on line while you are in bharatpur.

Chech www.makemytrip.com

thanks

Rashid Agra

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Thanks Rashid, they don't seem to offer online booking for this route. I got this message.

"Currently we do not have services on this route but we will take a note of your request.

As a Thank You token, we will send you a Discount Coupon when the services on this route begin."

I am guessing we be ready to go by 10-11am, how can I find out bus schedules at this time? Do buses start in Bharatpur or passing through from Agra to Jaipur and don't know how many vacant seats until they arrive?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Buses for Jaipur from Bharatpur are quite frequent and need not to book in advance. Many buses coming from Agra stop near bird sanctuary. Finding seat is not problem and buses start from Bharatpur Bus stand also.

You can also travel by train and will take less time from Bharat pur. There are trains in morning you can find which suits you.

deepak

Edited: 01 June 2011, 16:11
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Bus drive 6 Hours get down at Bus stand which is close to walled Pinkcity and dRailway station.

if taxi is in your budget than only 4 hours drive and you can visit all monuments which closed @ 4.30 Pm to 5 pm

otherwise enough time to visit Hawa mahal & walled Pinkcity , just take Dinner @ Niroj and proceed for station

Edited: 01 June 2011, 16:47
Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Thanks Deepak and Udaipurmagic.

How much would a taxi be? I thought Jaipur was too far for a taxi though I know people often take taxis between Agra and Bharatpur.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Taxi from Bharatpur to Jaipur may cost you around Rs.3000/-.

deepak

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Agreed with deepak. If this is your first tour to jaipur. you shall go for taxi. You will see more jaipur and you donot need to carry in & out your bags keep cab till railway station. You can arrange it from jaipur.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

Thanks, we probably will go for the taxi. How do you arrange it from Bharatpur and make sure it's a trustworthy one who won't drive off with the backpacks? I know most people pay at the end of the trip but our empty backpacks alone are worth more than 3000 rupees, let alone the clothes and stuff. This is the sort of trip that is it were possible, we would get a self-drive rental car but I guess this isn't doable in India. Should we go to the train station in Jaipur first and drop the backpacks in a locker? Or just have the driver drop us at the Hawa Mahal and we wear them (they are airline carry-on size) as we walk around?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

The drive between Bharatpur and Jaipur is 4-5 hours. If you leave at 9:30 a.m. after breakfast, you will be there by 2:00 p.m. That will give you enough time to visit Amer Fort (let's say 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.) and for a driving tour of the walled city. I'm afraid you haven't left yourself much sightseeing time for monuments in the walled city. However Jaipur's legendary bazaars will be open until late, so it's not all bad :)

Given the above, I think the best way to maximise the day is to hire a car for Bharatpur to Jaipur. Leave Bharatpur pronto after the morning visit and head to Jaipur.

Depending on your itinerary before that, it may make sense to have the car for the Delhi-Agra-Bharatpur segment as well.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bharatpur to Jaipur by bus

You may check with hotel where you staying in bharatpur. I donot suggest you to take from any unknown person. suggest you to take a cab from jaipur Npjai TA RAJASTHAN expert is MD OF TGS can arrange a cab. Make it clear that you need till departure. you may check with others.