We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3AC ticket w/l confirmation

pune
4 posts
Save Topic
3AC ticket w/l confirmation

I have booked 3AC ticket in train no.16381 journey dated 21.05.2013. however I got one ticket confirmed and other 3 berth are w/l,1,2,3.What are my chances for w/l 1,2,3, getting confirmed.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Pune
Level Contributor
493 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

where are you travelling to? usually waitlist numbers 1 to 3 do get confirmed but your date of travel is peak holiday season, so it really depends on your destination and its popularity. Railway information should be able to give you an answer.

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
799 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

You can try out http://indiarailinfo.com/ site and forum for this particular train. You will get intelligent inputs there than on this forum

pune
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

the booking is from pune to cuddpah(AP)

India
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

This train seems to be "Mumbai CST - Kanniyakumari Jayanti Janta Express/16381" which starts from Mumbai. >> indiarailinfo.com/train/…1010

Above train runs daily so likely your ticket can get confirmed.

Give a try if you getting any confirmed seat in 3AC coach from odd station i.e. Daund,Kalyan etc or try in sleeper coach [ from those odd stations ] if boarding the train on those dates is must.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,376 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

The Train No. 16381 starts from Mumbai further its a long distance train, for long distance trains the no of berths in In-Between stations has very less quota. I see very less chances. Lets says if Pune has only 2 berths quota in 3AC it means its just impossible for you to get confirmed so it depends from Pune where you want to get down and how many berth this specific trains has for the route you are travelling.

Please note that the logic for long distance trains is entirely different when compared to normal overnight trains. Wait List has three difference categories and and a lot depends on it.

Normal Wait List

R/L Wait List (Remote Location)

PQ Wait List ( Pooled Quota)

If the wait list is R/L or PQ then very very less chances that too in 3AC, infact i would say only 10% chances.

Cochin
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

I am planning a trip from Delhi to Pune on 27/07/2013 in Goa Express *12780

I booked a 3 AC ticket and it status is WL/10 .Any chance to get it confirm?

bhilai
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

I am traveling from secundrabad to nagpur on 17/11/13 wating list 3AC 2 and will it get conformed.

bhilai
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

AP EXP 3AC waiting list 2 and 3 will it get confirmed

9. Re: 3AC ticket w/l confirmation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 10:48