We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pune for a week.

Cornelius, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
pune for a week.

I am travelling to Pune for a business trip and was wondering what was interesting to do locally during my free time. Also, what is good, and safe, to eat. Is it safe for a solo-travelling female?

Thanks!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pune for a week.

Hi Joshworsham,

First and foremost thing safety. Pune is relatively safe city and you have to use your common sense and basic precaution as a tourist in any city in the world and if you use it here then you are safe.

You can visit Sinhagad Fort in one evening.

You should also see Raja Kelkar Museum (This collection was made by a single man who used to love history and value historical items. He was born in a middle class family. With this background in mind, the extent of his collection and vision is surprising. He has named the museum after his son who died at young age.)

You can also visit Osho Ashram on one evening.

You should also visit Parvati Hill. A small hill with a temple. Nice view.

You may try Maharashtrian Thali. (Thali is a round platter and assorted food items are served). Thali typically consists of 3 to 4 variety of vegetables dry and/or with curry, 2 types of curries, chapati, rice, curds/buttermilk (buttermilk is essential if you want to keep yourself cool in the summer).

Also try Chitale Mithaiwale shop (confectionary, where you can try their bakar vadi and various other sweets items. Very famous shop in Deccan Gymkhana

Sanjiv

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pune for a week.

For shopping experience you may visit Tulshi Baug area as well as Mahatma Phule Mandai (veg. market), Laxmi Road area.

Sanjiv

Pune
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pune for a week.

Sanjay have provided good information on what you can do in Pune. In Pune there are lots of Shopping malls but i suggest visiting Tulashi baug where you may find many things that you like to buy at cheap rate. I suggest you accompany someone when going to Tulashi baug so that you get things at right price.

I would not suggest Sinhagad Fort visit as the temperature in Pune is increasing now and it would be little hectic.

-Sandeep

Agra, India
Level Contributor
678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pune for a week.

hello,

i would recommend OSHO ashram, kore gaon park...it is different ...and should try indian food at Nandu paratha wala at boat club road.

regards

Raja

Cornelius, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pune for a week.

Thank you!

Cornelius, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pune for a week.

Thanks!

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Pune
Level Contributor
493 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pune for a week.

Hi,

Sanjiv has already given an extensive list. My small addition..

If you are interested in history there are some heritage walks in the city. They are a good way of understanding the city. One walk covers the old city areas of Pune and another one covers former "British" cantonment Pune.

Parvati Hill, suggested by Sanjiv, has a small museum with artifacts from the Peshwa period.

Sinhgad Fort would be better for a Sunday morning visit, rather than an evening visit.

Pune is a foodie paradise. There is a good range of restaurants, both price-wise and offering all kind of cuisine. Do not eat at roadside stalls.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

8. Re: pune for a week.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:45