We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living in Pune

Mumbai
3 posts
Save Topic
Cost of living in Pune

Hi... I got a job in Pune and my package is 228000. Will it be sufficient for me to stay there. Am a single girl... Please help. Also, how can i find if renting a house will be appropriate for me or living as a Paying guest...

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Pune
Level Contributor
488 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of living in Pune

Your package should be sufficient for a single girl. You will probably find it more economical to stay as a paying guest then renting a house. The other alternative is sharing rented accommodation.

Mumbai
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of living in Pune

Thanks for the info. Also, can you assist me in the foll.

Is the standard of living in Pune is lower than that in Mumbai?

Is it safe for a girl to be in Pune alone as in Mumbai?

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Pune
Level Contributor
488 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of living in Pune

I would think the standard of living is more or less the same, except for rentals which will be lower. Pune is as safe as Mumbai, just be sensible and observe the usual precautions one would take in an unknown city.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of living in Pune

Standard of living is almost the same. But it all depends on your food habits and lifestyle in general. Many companies in Pune provide free or subsidised food in their premises. So your food costs will reduce. Eating out is as expensive as Mumbai.

Yes, the rentals are low. You can share an apartment with other girls. Talk to your new colleagues on economical accomodation options near your workplace. The public transport system is bad and not that developed in Pune. Most people using their own vehicles. In Mumbai, though everything is crowded but you can still rely on public transport.

Agree with minilady on safety.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of living in Pune

Dear you can stay in kore gaon park near oshho aashram. that area is safe and cheap as well because lots of tourist. there. or near symbosis college. pune is good place.

shujat.....

Agra, India
Level Contributor
669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of living in Pune

area near aashram is cheap and good or near symbosis college.pune is the good place to stay ..

shujat

Mumbai
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of living in Pune

Thanks.. How much do you think will be d rent if i plan to rent a one BHK ?

Agra, India
Level Contributor
669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of living in Pune

there is one monlisa restaurant near german bakeri or to ask them also .in kore gao park you can ask them.

one more location near symbosis college in shivaji house, Good food shoppe you can ask them.

Raja

9. Re: Cost of living in Pune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 12:48
Get answers to your questions about Pune