We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living in Pune

Mysore
1 post
Save Topic
Cost of living in Pune

Hi,

Iam expecting an offer from a school as a teacher in Pune. The offer is around 30000 per month with 2bhk. I want to know whether it is manageable to lead a middle class life with my parents and a sister with the offer?

What about the food and other common expenditure I have to Bare to lead a descent life?

Your help will be duely acknowledged.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Pune
Level Contributor
486 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of living in Pune

Cost of living in Pune is relatively more than the south but if you are being given accomodation it's quite good.

Essex
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of living in Pune

Did you say Rs30000 per month. This tells me how life has gone so expensive in Pune. I was a student there in late 1970's and I was living with an average of Rs 500.00 a month ( to pay for all my expenses including exam.fees...). I am really very surprised at this massive increase in inflation over 30 years. I wonder what the cost of renting a three bedroom flat is currently. It used to be Rs500.00 30 years ago ( in Bund Garden Road)....

I am now living in UK... hoping to visit Pune somr time...

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of living in Pune

i used to be in pune back in late 60's and my recent visits have found that the place has gone expensive .

i suppose if you are getting a free accom you should have a comfortable living standard.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Pune
Level Contributor
486 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of living in Pune

@ araamse

Rs.500 for a 3 bedroom flat on bundgarden road is like a dream. Today if you get one at Rs.20,000 in that location you will be lucky!!

Pune apparently is one of the most expensive cities in India to live in.

5. Re: Cost of living in Pune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 03:51