We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panchgani Trip

delhi
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Panchgani Trip

Hi

Am planning for Panchgani Trip with my family. Now as we are commuting from Delhi we are not sure how to proceed and what are the good hotels in Panchgani. Kindly advice how we should travel once we reach Mumbai or Pune.

Kapil Pandit

(91-9999135999)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
224 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panchgani Trip

Hi,

U should proceed like this--

By car-

Mumbai-Pune (Dehuroad-Katraj By Pass )-Wai-Panchgani.-This is the best route to go there, as well connected by expressway and National highway.

Dont know much @ hotels, u can search on net...

Regards,

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panchgani Trip

cool phone no u ve got kapil.

7 9s that too with total also 9

wah

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panchgani Trip

I would recommend Hotel Ravine. Great location.. on a hill top overlooking the valley, great food. If you have your own vehicle then look no further. Most private and state transport buses also halt at Ravine. Plus if you are into Adventure sports like para-gliding, dirt biking then this is the place.

For more check out: http://www.ravinehotel.com/panchgani.php

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panchgani Trip

Hi Shoaib,

Can you please let me know that If I put up in Ravine, what are the modes of transport to Mahabaleshwar. Do I get autos/taxis to go to Mahabaleshwar from Ravine. Are they over-priced or reasonable.

Thanks

Anirban

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panchgani Trip

Ravine is a stop by itself for all State Transport & Private buses. Stand outside the hotel and you will definitely find a cab. There are no autos in Panchgani/mahabaleshwar, if I'm not mistaken. And I think they' charge 50Rs per seat.

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
757 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panchgani Trip

You can fly in or by Duranto travel directly to Pune.

Its best you travel to Pune and hire a care from Pune. the care would be somewhere about Rs 7/8 per km. Pune to M'swar distance is about 120 km one way. From Pune it takes about 2 hours to reach Panchgani and another 20 mins to M'swar.

If you want to go by bus, check the website of MSRTC. While selecting From location choose "Swargate", thats where all Mahabaleshwar buses start.

7. Re: Panchgani Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 12:47