We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajanta - Ellora visit in Feb

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Ajanta - Ellora visit in Feb

Hi

I am coming to Ajanta and Ellora from Mumbai. Taking the train from Mumbai to Aurangabad and staying in Hotel Kailas (right next to Ellora caves).

I needed some advice:

I reach on Saturday at 3 pm and check into the hotel. I am not sure if I will have time to do anything that day.

Sunday: Visit Ajanta

Monday: Visit Ellora

On which day can I do Daulatabad Fort and Biwi ka Makbara?

Monday night: Train back to Mumbai.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Divya

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,822 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ajanta - Ellora visit in Feb

Divya

I would suuggest to avail Devgiri Express to Aurangabad, Dep. Mumbai at 21.05 Arr. Aurangabad at 04.05 a.m. So that, you can save a day. Ellora is closed on Monday and Ajanta is closed on tuesday. So make your itinerary accordingly. If you start on friday night from Mumbai. The tour plan will be as follows :

Fri = Dep. Mumbai

Sat = Arr. Aurangabad, check-in to hotel, after breakfast visit Ellora, post lunch Aurangabad city tour (Daulatabad, Bibi ka Maqbara, Pan chakki etc).

Sun = Day tour to Ajanta, night train to Mumbai.

AshisRoy

Edited: 02 February 2012, 20:49
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ajanta - Ellora visit in Feb

Thanks.... Ive read everywhere that Ajanta is closed on Monday and Ellora on Tuesday!

Yes, I do know about the train arriving at 4am but then the hotel would not let us get a room as check in time is at 12pm. This way we would come and have no place to stay in the middle of the night.

Also, I am coming with my mother who is slightly elderly.... she is fit to walk etc but I don't want it to be a very rushed trip... i want it to be relaxing.

So I can do Ellora on Saturday, Ajanta on Sunday and the fort and makbara on Monday. From there we can take the train back to Mumbai at night.

Pls let me know if this would be fine.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,822 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ajanta - Ellora visit in Feb

Well, considering the pros and cons, it seems fine.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 21:19
4. Re: Ajanta - Ellora visit in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 15:51