We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

Hi All

Ive decided to visit the caves this weekend and booked myself on a night bus from Mumbai to Aurangabad.

Since I am single girl, needed some advice:

1. When I get off at Aurangabad, what next?

- Should I book a hotel at Aurangabad itself?

- Whats the system for buses like to Ajanta/Ellora?

2. Ajanta first or Ellora?

- Should I first see Ajanta, stay the night there and travel to Ellora the next morning and return?

3. How do I book my bus back to Mumbai?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers for a long Independance Day weekend!

D

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,384 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

1. Book the hotel in Aurangabad. That would be convenient for you. There are conducted tour for Ajanta and Ellora (incl. Aurangabad) organised by Govt and private tour organisers, you may take help of the hotel for booking the tour.

2. Any one can be done first, I would suggest to do Ajanta on the first day. The trip will take almost whole day. Back to Aurangabad by evening.

Do Ellora and Aurangabad (Daulatabad Fort, Pan Chakki, Biwi Ka Maqbara etc.) on the next day. It will take from 0900 hrs to 1600 hrs.

You'll get the bus ticket on the counter of Aurangabad Bus Station, get the ticket for return journey as soon as you reach Aurangabad.

AshisRoy

Edited: 11 August 2011, 16:52
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

Thanks Ashis! Any other suggestions for the trip? Who to watch out being a single girl? :-)

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,384 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

Aurangabad is by and large a safe zone for single girl traveller. Take ITDC tours for Ajanta and Ellora (with Aurangabad), since you are single, group tour would be advantageous for you. For Aurangabad - Mumbai journey you may avail Neeta-Volvo. It starts from the same place where ITDC used to pick-up and drop for Ajanta/Ellora tour passengers.

AshisRoy

Edited: 12 August 2011, 11:37
aurangabad-maharasht...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

Aurangabad is the best place to stay and Ideal location to cover both the caves.There are many single female travellers to visit Ajanta and Ellora caves including many foreign nationals,so the place is very much safe.

You can join Ajanta and Ellora caves Conducted Tours from Aurangabad.

There are daily tour operated by Classic Travel Services @ MTDC,Holiday camp,Rly stn,road,Aurangabad.Phone no.0240-2337788/2335598 cell:09325212444

Ajanta caves daily conducted guided tour (except Monday )

TOUR COST: RS.400/-

Morning 8.30 departure

Evening 5.30 return.A full day tour.

Ellora caves and city s.s. daily conducted guided tour (except Tuesday)

TOUR COST : RS.270/-

Morning 9.30 departure

Evening 5.30 return.A full day tour includes visit of Ellora caves,Daulatabad fort,Grishneshwar Temple,Mini Taj Mahal(bibi ka Maqbara) and Panchakki(water Mill)

You can book your return bus ticket to Mumbai @ Classic Travel Services. .Also you have option to take back overnight train to Mumbai.There are two trains ,first one @09.30 pm and last one @11.30 pm.Booking can be done @ classic Travel services.

You have choice to stay @ couple of budget and popular hotels amongst tourists near Railway Station.HOTEL CLASSIC,HOTEL SHREEMAYA AND MID RANGE THE PRIDE HOTEL.

You dont need to stay @Ajanta caves overnight.Since you have two days I suggest you to visit Ajanta caves first and Ellora later.

Wish you also a very happy Independence Day in advance!!!

Edited: 13 August 2011, 00:13
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

I would suggest taking the train instead of bus to Mumbai.

Aurangabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

welcome to aurangabad ! i think i m the first person from aurangabad who will menage everythink for u . don`t warry ! i will take care of everythink .

Aurangabad...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

hi

well i will support the post for ashisroy

secondly take the train to aurangabad there are many trains and are more convinent then bus

third dont even think to stay at night in ajanta better to come back to aurangabad

fourth as a single girl there is nothing to worry ,,,,,, aurangabad is a safe zone

go for the tour operated by govt as they are more secure

if you want to book the tickets and hotel and train tickets every thing can be done under one roof here that is manmandir at adalat road and there are very famous location here

welcome to aurangabad

keep going ...

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

i am going to visit Ajanta-ellora-aurangabad. will be reaching at 12.30 on 24th feb and spend 24, 25, 26 visiting.

whats the best way to spend the time? when should i work in daulatabad? the day i cover ellora? or the day i cover aurangabad?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,384 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

24th - Arrival, check-in. After lunch Aurangabad tour - Daulatabad Fort, Biwi-Ka-Maqbara, Pancahkki etc.

25th - Day tour to Ajanta

26th - Day tour to Ellora.

Edited: 21 February 2012, 14:25
California, Maryland
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Single girl visiting Ajanta Ellora

Aurangabad is the best place to stay and Ideal location to cover both the caves.Aurangabad city, commonly used as a base for a visit to the World Heritage Sites of Ajanta and Ellora is seeped in medieval history. Named for Aurangzeb, the last of the great Mughal Emperors, Aurangabad acquired plenty of monuments and a rich culture as its heritage from the middle ages.

Asian Single Dating(http://perfect2marryasia.com/)

Asian Beauties(http://perfect2marryasia.com/)

Edited: 23 February 2012, 12:40