We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours of Ajanta Ellora

Vancouver
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tours of Ajanta Ellora

What is the best way to see Ajanta/Ellora? We will be staying in Aurangabad. How are the MTDC and ITDC tours? Or is there another tour/hotel that can arrange a better option?

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
342 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

Hire a carfrom many of the car operator in Aurangabd. You can also book it with your hotel ( can be little expensive compare to local operator ) . I got Toyota Innova AC @ Rs. 5000 for Airport Transfers , City Tour & Ajanta Ellora Trip for 3 Day.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
342 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

Hire a carfrom many of the car operator in Aurangabd. You can also book it with your hotel ( can be little expensive compare to local operator ) . I got Toyota Innova AC @ Rs. 5000 for Airport Transfers , City Tour & Ajanta Ellora Trip for 3 Day.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

Can you recommend a specific tour operator?

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
342 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

I have used Horizon Travel Services Mr. Amol +919890896360 , horizonixu@gmail.com .

Ask to provide disounted rates. Innova is a good car for more then 4 persons , if you are a couple then ask for small car like Indica which will be much lower around Rs. 3000 I think.

Hope this helps

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,080 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

Every agent in Aurangabad will give you a car and driver for Ajanta/Ellora, it is pretty easy to find one. Ask a couple of Aurangabad-based operators for rates if you want to compare. I found these on the internet:

www.saibabatravels.com/car-taxi-cab-hire.html

aurangabadelloraajanta.com/travel_related_se…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

If you are keen on bargaining or arrnaging when you get there you can do it in thier airport. I used this company from the airport as initially i was going to book with lemontree and they arranged a sedan vehicle with two days site seeing and airport transfers for 4000 Rs

note different size cars & with / without ac options attract different prices. I will try to give the tour companies number once i find their card - they were pretty good!

Tokyo
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

It is possible to take a local bus from Aurangabad's central bus station to Ellora too, right?

When I e-mailed my hotel with this question, their answer said there is no city bus to Ellora, and that I should use their tour car. Is the hotel just lying?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

Pure Lie !

You get a lot of buses from Aurangabad Central Bus Station.

You may think of MTDC Bus Service also, A luxury bus tour departsdaily at 8AM from the MTDC office on Railway Station Road. Apart from Ellora, this tour covers several other famous sites in Aurangabad.

Tokyo
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

That's what I thought.

By the way, are the local buses (not the luxury ones) air-conditioned?

Also, are these local buses usually prompt, without big delays?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours of Ajanta Ellora

No local buses are not AC, but they are generally punctual.