We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days good in khajuraho to visit

chennai
2 posts
Save Topic
how many days good in khajuraho to visit

dear friends

i am a software engineer from Chennai and i am planning to visit khajuraho because i came to delhi and i had heard a lot about khajuraho and it temples so may be with in a day or two i am thinking to visit that and i also heard that there is train direct from delhi to khajuraho so it will be nice for me i can go back to delhi also by the same train. so please let me know that how many days i need to visit khajuraho

thanks

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

from sightseeing point of view just One complete day is enough. For that matter even half day is enough. I would also add a day in ORchaa, while you are doing this leg.

chennai
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

i also heard that there are some nice water falls and tiger reserve is it worth visiting

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

Give at least one half day to Western group of temples.... and another half to Eastern Temples, preferablty on two days...... else you might get templed out...

Raneh Falls and Panna Park are nearby...

Vidisha, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

I don't think khajuraho is directly connected by train. The nearest rail stations are Mahoba,Harpalpur,satna and jhansi. Jhansi would be the best option as almost all train from delhi to mumbai(central line via jhansi), delhi to southern states make a hault there. Khajuraho is app 165 kms from jhansi.

Since you are from chennai you can stopover there. One full day is sufficient to cover all temples.

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

i think two days will be good for khajuraho, do make a visit to raneh fall its a little away but worth it !

cheers!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

Khajuraho is connected by train. Station code is KURJ.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

Hi

A small place but certainly need one day. If you have extra time you can aspend a second night also visiting Panna and water fall.

Khajuraho is connected with delhi and Varanasi with overnight train

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

One day is enough and there are direct trains from Delhi to Khajuraho. Also you can go to visit Orchha, a beautiful place around 3-4 hours drive from Khajuraho.

9. Re: how many days good in khajuraho to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 21:46