We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better...pench or karmazari?

Nagpur...
1 post
Save Topic
which is better...pench or karmazari?

which is better...pench or karmazari? in terms of jungle and not in terms of accomodation or anything else....

16 replies to this topic
kshitiz
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

Dear Dr Sumit,

First of all i would like to inform you that there are 2 pench one which comes under Maharashtra appx 60 km from nagpur and the other which comes under Madhya Pradesh which is around 90 km from nagpur .

Lets not get into technicality but the The Mp pench and Karmazari are one only. i mean normally when you refer to pench its the MP one and which is also referred as Karmajhari.

So i guess it would have cleared you answer automatically but if any chance you are referring to the maharsahtra one, my advice is dont go there . stick to the one in Madhya pradesh.

Hope my answer is helpful for you . do reply me if you need any other detail or query

DOHA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

Pench-MP has two entry gates, first one (nearer to Nagpur) is Khawasa & the other one (towards Shivni side) is karmajhiri. You can take entry from any one. It is also possible to enter from one & have exit from another gate.

Nagpur...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

dear sir

plz send your contact no i am coming karmazari 28aprill and we are not booked ticket so plz help urgent

thnx

azhar numani

nagpur

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

Kshitiz ji clear the confusion clearly.. Karmazari and Pench ( Mp) are same

Pench m MP, where we been ..alongwith other nationalpark of MP - bandhavgarh and kanha ..

@ Azhar ..yoi can send a message to kshitiz ji ..if he can help you through Private message on tripadvisor. Otherwise you may book through the Hotel or any local agent in Pench

DOHA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

To book Forest Rest Hoouse, you need to contact Forest deptt. office at Shivni. I think at Karmajhiri there are not much private hotels but at Khawasa gate there are many. The distance between two gate is some 20 km. Please check website of MP Forest deptt. or contact HO at Bhopal.

Jabalpur, India
Level Contributor
296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

Hi...

This is Souvik Banerjee from i4u Multi Utility Services,Jabalpur.

Pench National Park has many zones / entry points one of them is KARMAJHARI.

The main entry point is however TURIA around 12 kms from Khawasa.

agra
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

I am coming from Jhansi and would like to know the sighting chances are better from karmajhiri gate or touria gate. As the online reservation from touria is full I am getting from karmajhiri.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

As i came to know these new destination in my bucket list. I hope Guys this year i hope to go there or next.

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
181 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

Touria is definitely hot gate....karmazhari is also good!

We had tiger sighting at Touria, and my best sighting of Wild Dogs also belongs to Pench!

@Azhar you can book your ticket online at this link

mponline.gov.in/Portal/…Search.aspx

Regards

Hakimuddin F. Saify

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which is better...pench or karmazari?

1) Pench National Park (a major part of the forest is on Madhya Pradesh side) in M.P. can be accessed from 3 gates (Turia, Karmajhiri, and Jamtara)

2) Turia gate (which is 12 Kms from Khawasa border post between Maharashtra and M.P.) is the most popular entry gate as most of the resorts are located in this area.

3) Finding an accommodation on Karmajhiri and Jamtara is very difficult (you will have to try and book the forest rest house)

4) It is better to stay near Turia gate because the main grass lands forests including the central point ALIKATTA is nearer to Turia and quite far from Karmajhiri.

Regards

Venkat

Reply to: which is better...pench or karmazari?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Madhya Pradesh
More Madhya Pradesh Topics