We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Native American Restaurants

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
30 reviews
58 helpful votes
Native American Restaurants
Save

I just wanted to share this website for Native American restaurants in the Southwest, with others who also enjoy something different from time to time.

http://nativerecipes.com/14.html

The "Pueblo Harvest Cafe," at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center in Albuquerque is included.

Any additions from Forum contributors would be appreciated!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
30 reviews
58 helpful votes
1. Re: Native American Restaurants
Save

Alto? It was supposed to go on the New Mexico Forum. Another of my "Oops!" Where ever it appears, please comment on your favorite Native American restaurants.

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
44 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: Native American Restaurants
Save

I think it landed in Alto because it's the first forum alphabetically under New Mexico. I recently noticed that forum topics that originally had "New Mexico" as the forum entry now have it listed in an 'un-link-able' form (black text rather than the blue of a hotlink); I think this means that there no longer is a forum for New Mexico _in general_, as of a week or so ago.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
30 reviews
58 helpful votes
3. Re: Native American Restaurants
Save

Thank you Mitch! You're always on top of things! Especially, queries about Las Vegas, NEVADA! :-) You should change your moniker to "Hawkeye!" Regards!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
23,716 posts
65 reviews
74 helpful votes
4. Re: Native American Restaurants
Save

Here's some places that might fit the bill..... Most probably do not just serve Native dishes, but many items are local and inspired by Native Americans.

In Santa Fe we like Amaya Restaurant at Hotel Santa Fe which is owned by Picuris Pueblo. Ronald Roybal plays there, Indian Flute and Spanish Guitar.

Tamaya Resort on Santa Ana Pueblo north of Bernalillo has a great restaurant, Corn Maiden.

I have also heard decent reviews of O The Eating House in Pojoaque, owned by the pueblo.

A place off in AZ is the restaurant at La Posada in Winslow AZ, The Turquoise Room. The chef there tries to purchase locally grown/raised food items. We loved this place last time we were through there.

Farview Lodge inside Mesa Verde National Park in southern Colorado has the Metate Room.. enjoyable dining in a spectacular location.

Another time to taste native foods is during special events..

Gallup Inter-tribal Ceremonial

Gathering of Nations in Albuquerque

Santa Fe Indian Market

Zuni Harvest Festival

Pueblo Feast days

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
30 reviews
58 helpful votes
5. Re: Native American Restaurants
Save

Thank you CasaAzul. For those who are not New Mexicans, I'd add the balloon fiesta to the list of events which have a good sampling of Native American offerings such as Navajo Tacos, Indian Fry Bread, etc.

What better way to start your pre-dawn day, than some fresh fry bread with cinnamon, and hot chocolate? Yum! I can't wait for October to come again! :-)

Belmont...
Level Contributor
672 posts
10 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Native American Restaurants
Save

Not sure if I can advertise someone's blog on here ( it's not mine so I will risk it ) but a local guy has reviewed many of the places mentioned at www.nmgastronome.com

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
30 reviews
58 helpful votes
7. Re: Native American Restaurants
Save

I would think that blogs or websites should be OK to mention, as long as they are not "self-promoting" promoting various commercial establishments or services.

I'm sure the TripAdvisor.com police will let us know if we goof up! :-) Thanks for contributing "KTC!"

We would love to hear from some Native Americans regarding "their" local restaurants. Do you know of any little jewels in restaurants or cafes in Window Rock, etc. (Navajo), Dulce (Jicarilla Apaches), (Mescalero Apaches) - other than the Inn of the Mountain Gods, (White Mountain Apaches / Fort Apache Indian Reservation area) - San Carlos, AZ, Whitewater, and area: Globe, Pinetop/Lakeside, Show Low? Southern Arizona? Thanks in advance.

8. Re: Native American Restaurants

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 16:55
Get answers to your questions about Alto
Recent Conversations
US$USD
India
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.