We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

massage course

Barcelona, Spain
1 post
Save Topic
massage course

I planing to go kerala on august, i would like study traditional ayurveda& marma massage, please let me know any good hand there.?

madrid
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: massage course

Hi, I,m daniel I was doing a ayurveda and yoga course in kerala with the master Pradeepkumar in his center theholyindia , was an authentic experience in a eco-rural and natural environment , so far from the tourist places, living with the rural society,an experience that I can´t forget,for more information you can write me danielhorizon22@yahoo.com

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: massage course

hi,

you need Ayurveda center in Cochin or varkala .

In Cochin I can give a good advice to Dr.SUBASH in Vyppin island .you can stay in a water front natural home stay with food and accommodation food as preferred by doctor .the home stay name is Albino glory you can contact with MR.Jaison for that . NO - 09846106592 . I have a personal experience with Dr.Subash .

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

Alappuzha District...
Level Contributor
445 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: massage course

Hi,

Jai Sankar KJV Kalari & Ayurveda Research Center

Dr.Baiju Varghese Gurukkal.

9447319344, 0481 2353742

Emal:kjvkalari@rediffmail.com

www.kalariayurveda.com

Madrid, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: massage course

Ihad been in India sevrel time for the study of ayurveda and treditinal massage .There are few Ayurvedic centers that offers crash ayurveda courses in massage. Normally it will take two weeks to one month to complete such a course in practical as well as the basic theoriesof Ayurveda I had a verity of experience in India . but from kerala , trvandrum , south of India there i find a best hand. It named tulasi ayurveda & yoga retreat , (www: the holyindia) , was GREAT experience on my travel. I am very confident to recommending one, who want to study ayurveda massage & yoga there

regards

jordi

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: massage course

I've done this summer course with Pradeep and his wife Laura http://www.theholyindia.com/. I contracted it through the travel agency Rutas Mágicas:

rutasmagicas.es/asia/….

This course can also be found at: http://tulasiayuryoga.com/thulasi/index.html

For me the experience has been anything but positive. I am a yoga teacher and massage therapist, I have traveled to Asia many times before and I've taken massage courses in many places. I was interested, above all, in learning ayurvedic massage. The agency clarified that it was a course focused on therapists and that we would receive an official certificate.

Course content has been very, very poor, disappointing and frustrating. It was an introductory course in which we have not even seen the typical ayurvedic massages like "sirovasti" which appears on any photo or brochure massage of any ayurvedic center. In Pradeep's own words, the course serves to "give a massage to a relative or a close friend." The certificate is as valid as if I had issued it myself.

The course has been developed in a center with inadequate facilities, i.e. in a laundry room of a guest house.

As far as the classes are concerned, Pradeep, while recognizing his expertise as a masseur, was limited to reading a manual in poor English that the "interpreter", Laura, Pradeep's wife, merely translated. It should be mentioned that Laura has learned English in India, she does not know any ayurveda, and her translations were very, very poor, inaccurate, and sometimes inaccurate.

During the course, schedules were not observed many times, and once they showed up an hour late without offering any explanation or apology.

As for the visits, India is... well... India! Yet, this couple showed tremendous improvisation, lack of preparation, professionalism, interest and information.

I would not recommend this course to any therapist, masseuse, or in general, to anyone who wants to learn massage.

For any further information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Barcelona, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: massage course

Hi I'm Marta, this center is offering www.tulasiayuryoga.com, the infinite source of heart, a workshop on the head Massage FREE Ayurveda in Kerala. It's a good opportunity to feel no obligation energy and how to work with Pradeep

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: massage course

Hi, I have been working for several years with Absolute Ayurveda and they offer certified Ayurveda massage courses. The centre is run by a lady doctor and I have always found her to be very professional. They have completed with us several massage courses over the years from basic level to master level. If you want more information in English or Spanish you can email me at keralakonnections@gmail.com. You can also check out their website at

http://www.absoluteayur.com/about-us/

Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: massage course

to learn ayurvedicmassage its better to look for govt approved panchakarma centres in kerala.genuine courses take 10 to 20 weeks.others offering the shortcourses are not genuine.

Zaragoza, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: massage course

Hi I'm Nuria, I was also last summer studying in kerala ayurveda with Pradeep, my experience was very positive, I was looking for a simple vacation and found my teacher. I felt very secure at all times. A Western teacher is very different from an eastern teacher. Pradeep is a person with whom I connected it to another level, beyond the blah blah blah, and the words, is a very deep voice that can reach a world with his eyes, his silence and his hands. For me it was a different experience and enriching. Nothing is truth or a lie, everything depends on the color you look, and past experiences we have lived, we always influence the way we see the present. Of course, in India, in general, go with an open mind, leaving our customs, we will not always find what we want, but what we need is an incredibly magical place where everything happens for a reason . I received a valid certificate to the registration of the organization, and since then I have been dedicated to offer Ayurveda Massage without any problems. You can see my picture on the web tulasiayuryoga.com/spanish/…testimonials.html But beyond my certificate I am deeply grateful for the knowledge I have received. This massage works on the person complet.I have seen with my own eyes people cure different diseases both physically and mentally. And the moreI Practice I'm more amazed what you can get with this Ayurveda massage

10. Re: massage course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 13:35