We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab for kerala tour

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
81 posts
434 reviews
97 helpful votes
Cab for kerala tour
Save

Hi

Travelling in Kerala with my husband in January 2014. I need a cab for 4nights 5 days.. Will be travelling from Kochi to Munnar to Thekkady-Allepey-Cherai beach and will leave the cab in cherai beach. Which is the most reasonable and reliable agency to book? and what will be the cost. I think ac indica is fine for a couple. I need a good driver too as in Munnar i will be staying with the Wind and the road to the wind is quite rough.. Please suggest me with the estimated cost

Thrissur, India
Level Contributor
547 posts
1. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

You can get Indica cab at Rs.1500/day with 150KM blocked per day. They charge Rs.10/KM for additional distance traveled.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

I am also planning for 7-day Kerala trip starting from Kochi in December 2013. Have approached KTDC for taxi cab package. Has anyone else availed the KTDC-arranged cabs? Are their taxi cab packages reliable & affordable? Or overpriced compared to market-rate?

Huntsville, Canada
2 posts
3. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

I would suggest to book the car for entire trip. That would be economical and convenient too. Because, if you hire the car for each transfer, they'll charge for both way every time. Country Travel Mart will be good for booking cabs as well as tour packages. They have good travel deals also.

Kerala
Level Contributor
8,100 posts
4. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

Hello overplanningkills,

to my knowledge KTDC outsource it to General sales agents

post the query on to the message board of Kerala tourism website http://www.keralatourism.org .

you get an idea on the rates as many operator will reply to your post there

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
17 helpful votes
5. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

Thanks @elluellara and @earthyroutes2. I received a quote from KTDC: 5-days 800KM for INR 16000/- by A/c Indigo. That's pretty steep. So I've also posted requirement at kerelatorism.org. I hope I'll get reasonable rates.

Kerala
Level Contributor
8,100 posts
6. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

which are the destinations in your list for the 8 days ?

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
17 helpful votes
7. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

@Earthyroutes2 Kochi, Munnar, and Thekkady. 2 night stay at each place.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
17 helpful votes
8. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

I received many quotes from Keralatourism.org message board, and affordable ones too. That was a good idea.

When a tour company says the cab package includes "Driver allowance/road tax/fuel charge/permit charges", do they really mean "all inclusive" package? Should the traveler expect any other charges / hidden charges regarding the vehicle on the road?

Kerala
Level Contributor
8,100 posts
9. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

check the Kilometer barrier per day , is that 100 per day or 80 per day ( for Indigo) , normally when they say driver allowance it does mean driver bata and night halt charges , but you may clarify it

now do check , if they are reviewed here on TA

if they do provide some reference

Pune, India
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
17 helpful votes
10. Re: Cab for kerala tour
Save

Thanks a ton!

© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.