We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from Cochin to Mysore

Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
how to get from Cochin to Mysore

I'm trying to figure out how to get from Cochin to Mysore. I see a lot of other posts talking about coming the opposite way but nothing Cohin to Mysore. We are spending a few days in Cochin but want to travel on to Mysore to see the palace.

I tried to get a flight but nothing showed up. Is the train an option?

thanks for any help and suggestions

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
320 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

Hi Texastravlier ,

Option 1 : There are night direct buses from Cochin(Ernakulam) to Mysore by KSRTC(Karnataka). You can book online @ www.ksrtc.in

Option 2: If you are planning by train you have to take 02 trains , First to Bangalore and then to Mysore. Or Train to Kozhikode(Calicut) and then a bus to Mysore(Via Wayanad).Bus should be taken during day time , as evening they close the check post

Have a Happy Journey !!!

Regards

Peter

Des Plaines...
Level Contributor
284 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

Hi,

The best option is to take a direct bus to Mysore from Cochin (Eranakulam) as the train journey will take more time.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

There are some interesting places in between.

Trichur - backwaters, Kalamandalam, day with elephant, temple festivals,

Wayanad - Edakkal caves, water falls,

Mudumala - Wildlife park

You can also choose the route - Trichur - Parambikulam - Take mettupallayam - Ooty train - Mysore.

Suresh P R

Palmland Tours, kerala

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Coorg, Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
796 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

Hi,

I suggest take a break at Wayanad.

Travel from Kochi to Kalpetta/Sulthan Bathery by bus (8 hours journey).

2 Days sightseeing in Wayanad

Muthanga Wild Life Sanctuary, Banasura Sagar Dam, Pookot Lake, Meenmutty and Soojipara Waterfalls, Kuruva Islands etc.

Mysore is 3 hours journey from Wayanad.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays in Wayanad

cochin
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

There are lots of private Volvo buses going to Mysore and Bangalore from Cochin...Go to MG Road and ask...

Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

thanks Mahesh and everyone - you've all been so helpful and we can't wait to see your beautiful country. We decided to take a plane to Bangalore and then we hired a private driver so we had a way to get around while in Mysore. We don't have a lot of time so it was the best option. I heard the Volvo buses were really nice though. Maybe next time.

Mysuru (Mysore...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

iam planning to go cochin on saturdaynight from mysore , will reach cochin sunday morning, i want to cover the tourism places in cochin to mysore sunday to monday evening, to reach monday night mysore ( two days and one night ) how to plan my trip to utilise the time in best way by covering the important places.

Mysuru (Mysore...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

iam planning to go cochin on saturdaynight from mysore , will reach cochin sunday morning, i want to cover the tourism places in cochin to mysore sunday to monday evening, to reach monday night mysore ( two days and one night ) how to plan my trip to utilise the time in best way by covering the important places.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

Hi

Ravi

Welcome to TA

In two days you can cover, Fort Kochi/ Mattancherry, Broadway, Marine Drive, Subhash park, Tripunithura Hill palace, Chottanikkara Temple, an evening harbor cruise etc

regards

10. Re: how to get from Cochin to Mysore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 14:45