We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Cochin

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One day in Cochin

Hello! I will be only one day in Cochin, one a cruise, from 8 am to 5, I would like to make the most out of it, We are travelling from Florida, so we are not so much into beaches, we want more of a local flavour, history, etc. and i would like to do an elephant ride also. Any suggestions/recommendations will be highly appreciated! Thank you very much

1. Re: One day in Cochin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 July 2011, 12:35
Alappuzha District...
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Cochin

Hi,

Arriving at Cochin, 8AM, Transfer to Vaikom, From there backwater enjoyment in a house boat cruise. Traditional Kerala Lunch. Back to Cochin. @5PM.

Enjoy kerala Backwater.

Gr8 backwater holidays,

Keralamguide,Munnar.

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,420 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Cochin

Suresh PR,

You are breaking TA guidelines by hyperlinking your website in your signature. You may mention palmland tours, but not your complete website. Please follow TA rules, you have been informed of this repeatedly.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Cochin

Suresh! i like this idea very much with some little modifications, you seem to understand exactly what I am looking for, but is trip to trichur better that Elephant Training center? and is it all possible within this time frame? Please, email me with details and prices.

Thank you very much.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Cochin

you can email me at lanochkal@gmail.com for details

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Cochin

In Cochin Do not miss to visit - Dutch palace, Jewish Synagogue, St Francis church, Santa cruz Basilica, Dutch cemetery etc...

Alappuzha District...
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day in Cochin

Hi,

Arriving at Cochin, transfer to Guruvayoor.Punnathur kotta where now elephants under yearly freshness treatments. You can visit this elephant parking place spent few time with elephant and their guards.

Afternoon back to Cochin.(110 Km)

gr8 E days (Elephant & Enjoyment).

Suresh Nair.

keralamguide-Munnar.

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
Level Contributor
994 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day in Cochin

Be aware that the elephant training camp is at least 90minutes drive from Cochin and they can only be seen between 8-9am while being washed in the river. It's well worth the experience to see, however elephant rides are not offered here as far as I'm, aware. Remember the roads are not in the same condition as Florida and travel can take considerably longer.

How about an afternoon backwater trip with lunch included? Leave from Cochin about 11am, local riverside lunch followed by 2hour boating trip, very relaxing with the punter and no noisy engine!

Alappuzha District...
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One day in Cochin

Hi,

There is one more option.

Cochin -35km to Perumbavoor,

Perumbavoor to Kodanadu Elephant park -15Km.

Excursion from Kochi to Kodanad is very popular amongst the tourists for it offers them an opportunity to explore the vast vegetation and wildlife in this region. If you like trekking, then you can also trek down the route as this would bring you more close to the splendid nature and environment of Kerala.

During your tour from Kochi to Kodanad, you can try your hands into an elephant safari. There is an elephant training center. This center is the biggest elephant training center in the whole southern region of India. Elephants are basically trained for riding and to do heavy works which is out of human reach such as exploring the jungles, transporting logs of woods etc.

Apart from the elephant training center, Kochi to Kodanad excursion offers you a small zoo where you can explore the various wildlife of the region.

But the main attraction of Kochi to Kodanad tour in Kerala is the elephant ride. So do not forget to explore the jungles on the back of these huge beasts for you would not get such chance any where else in the region.

Gr8 kerala holidays !!!!!

Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One day in Cochin

Hi,

Government tourist boat are available in Marine Drive .

Then go to Kodanad Elephant Training center