We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

3 posts
It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

Hi, We are planning to trip to Kerala from 14 to 19 August 2018. To kochi, Munnar, Alleppey ,Kochi.Flight and Hotels are booked. Kindly answer my queries.

Thank you.

35 replies to this topic
Beed District, India
4 posts
21. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

safe to octomber travling ??

Bavaria, Germany
Level Contributor
761 posts
260 reviews
22. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

yes. even the roads to munnar are..

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/neelak…

23. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

Hi Sir whats the update now we are travelling kerala on 15th sep 2018 and will reach on 17sep 2018.

Please do mention which places are NO GO zones

Also lot of new coming about RAT VIRUS DENGUE ETC. Also how to find out if Munnar and allepay roads are open?

Edited: 12 September 2018, 18:11
24. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

I assume you would be very interested to go in a BOATHOUSE... well i advise you NOT TO... its notng special.... Just a ride about 1 hour then the boat will be parked...the AIRCOND only starts at 9pm..before that you only have a fan in the hot sun... The boat crew we used stole most of our fish. And Prawns...this happend when we bought fish and prawns to be cooked i for dinner... And the were drunk when the rudly told us to go and sleep at 10pm becouse they wanted to sleep in the boat hall.... I will NOT RECOMMEND kerala boat house to anyone.... NEVER...

25. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

I assume you would be very interested to go in a BOATHOUSE... well i advise you NOT TO... its notng special.... Just a ride about 1 hour then the boat will be parked...the AIRCOND only starts at 9pm..before that you only have a fan in the hot sun... The boat crew we used stole most of our fish. And Prawns...this happend when we bought fish and prawns to be cooked i for dinner... And the were drunk when the rudly told us to go and sleep at 10pm becouse they wanted to sleep in the boat hall.... I will NOT RECOMMEND kerala boat house to anyone.... NEVER...

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
26. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

Pradeep Srithar

Why do not you mention the name of the boat and company who offered the boat to you. Accusing all the houseboat operators for your bitter experience is not fair.

Normally, you check in at 12.00 Noon. (when did you arrive to the boat) and have cruise till 05.30 PM having a lunch break at noon. When cleaned and cooked, the prawns would looks less. At least 40 % weight goes as waste. Normally Ac works from 09.00 PM to 06.00 AM. But, you have an option to have AC for 21 hours.

In most of the houseboats, the staff sleeps in the hall, so that most of the space in the houseboat is allotted to the guests, It is good to know these things before you book your houseboat.

Drunk, impolite and rude staff should be reported to your agent immediately.

Suresh P R

Royal Swan Cruises.

27. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

Hi

How safe it is right now travelling to kerala? I have a planned trip from 25th to 30th sep along with my 2 yr old kid. I have bookings from kochi to munnar to allepy to kondailip. What about RAT virus there?

Thanks

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
28. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

In all these places, tourists are visiting and they all having a good time despite some issues in road connectivity in Munnar. In Alleppey, houseboats are running despite the facts that many families are still on the recovery process. No more active cases of rat virus is reported.

Recommend to go forward with your holidays.

Suresh P R

Royal swan cruise, Alleppey

Chandigarh, India
2 posts
29. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

Hi Suresh

I saw your very informative and helpful replies. Kindly update me as well. I have planned my trip to Kerala that will include Munnar, Thekddy, Alleppey and Trivandrum. Is everything stable now at these places?

Please suggest..

Thanks

Chandigarh, India
2 posts
30. Re: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??

Hi Suresh

I saw your very informative and helpful replies. Kindly update me as well. I have planned my trip to Kerala that will include Munnar, Thekddy, Alleppey and Trivandrum. Is everything stable now at these places?

Please suggest..

Thanks

Reply to: It is safe to travel Kerala now ??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted