We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

Crans Montana
Level Contributor
60 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

We have recently returned from our first trip to India. We were a bit worried about what company to use for our private tour. There are many scare stories or posts about companies not doing a good job or providing a service. After reading reviews on Tripadvisor we eventually decided on TRAVEL SPIRIT INTERNATIONAL TSI for our Northern India / Golden Triangle and THE TRAVEL PLANNERS for our South India / Kerela Tour.

Both companies were excellent. They were excellent from start to finish. From my first e mails about our plans and itinerary, to the tours, guides, drivers, cars, itinerary and hotels.

With The Travel Planners we chose the Luxury Southern India Tours. They have lots of different tours. These are just suggestions, you can add destinations or cut things short.

Our trip started in Bangalore then Mysore, Mudumali Wild Life Park, Ooty, Munnar, Cochin, Alleppey and Kovalam.

We thought it was a very good and varied itinerary. Hopefully in the next few days i will be able to review all the hotels separately but i have a few comments and suggestions if you use The Travel Planners for this tour.

Lalith Mahal Heritage Hotel in Mysore. We did not like this hotel. Yes it is a grand old building but it is like staying in a museum. It is not a luxury hotel. They are making so much money from the Bollywood movies they have no intention of upgrading or re decorating the rooms. There should be a new Ramada hotel opening soon and i would use this.

The Jungle Retreat Mudumali The accommodation, food, staff and owners is all very good. Unfortunately the wildlife park has been closed. We were there in November 2012. This meant they could only offer jeep safaris on the main road (lorries, busses, horns, fumes, etc) and no wildlife treks on foot in the morning. They say they “might” be able to organize walking treks but i suspect there have not been any. Please correct me if you have been on one. If you wish they try and book you on a jeep or open bus safari in the park next door that is open. There were 100’s of people all trying to get on jeeps or open window buses. They were charging over 2250 rupees per person to sit in a bus with now windows and “hope” you might spot a few elephants or deer. I think the animals would stay well away from the tracks with all the noise and vehicles. So Jungle Retreat is a place to relax and spend time in the jungle but dont go there for wildlife.

Swiss County Munnar. This is just a Bed & Breakfast. They have 5 rooms open at the moment but hope to open more soon. They have spent a lot of money on the rooms / bathrooms and fixtures and fittings. Most rooms have amazing views. The food is very poor. It takes 30 minutes to arrive and you can eat in your room or on the roof terrace. If you eat in the room there is no proper table to sit at. They also served undercooked Chicken. It is 20 minutes or more along a winding road from Munnar. There are no other hotels or places to eat near it. You pre order breakfast from a menu and it is served in your room. All in all a strange place, it seems trying to be something its not. I recommend a proper hotel in Munnar.

Lake Palace Alleppy. Loved the location, right in the backwaters and you have to take a boat to the hotel. Great views of all the Houseboats going up and down. The room was ok but the bathrooms needed updating. The worst part was the staff. After staying in some loverly hotels it was hard to accept staff that did not know what they were doing and had some attitude problems. It was the same at reception and in the restaurant. The food was very poor. Even if you were the only people in the restaurant and you ordered a burger and chips it took over 30 minutes. All the staff in all areas were poor. A Ramada hotel is being built nearby. Not sure when it will open but use it when it does. I expect hotel accommodation is limited in the area so possibly this is the best you can do at the moment.

All the Taj hotels are excellent. My favorite hotel of the whole trip was the Taj Malabar at Cochin. Now that is how a hotel should be run!!

Our driver was Sangeeth. He was an excellent driver and always willing to help and would do what we asked. You felt he was always trying to do the best for you. His English is limited but it was only a minor point.

All in all we had a great holiday. I highly recommend using THE TRAVEL PLANNERS for all your South India Holidays www.keralatourpackages.com travelplan@asianetindia.com

Thank you to Santosh and all the staff for helping with a great trip.

Klang, Selangor...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

Hey.. I am from Malaysia... I communicate with this tour only thru email and yet they did provide excellent service within the budget that I gave. The driver were good and we enjoy our family trip in cochin a month back..

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

post seems to be self promotion and to bring the original post to top of forum

National Capital...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

Need tour package:

arrival at kochi: 10 am on 4th oct.

proceed to munnar. 3nights stay at munnar - 2 days sightseeing at munnar.

on day 4 - proceed to alleppy for houseboat stay.

day 5 - after houseboat, visit to alleppy beach and then drop at nearby bus terminal(by 4 pm)

Total 4 adults, 2 children (7 years), 2 children (3years)

Edited: 25 September 2014, 20:27
Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

After houseboat check-out at 9 AM , you have option of doing Cochin sight seeing

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

We had taken a Kerala Tour Package in Oct-14 through TTP. The trip was one of the best trips we have had.

All the booking & execution stuff was well taken care off. Thank you Dhanish & Team TTP.

india
Level Contributor
161 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

So many posts or one company in Kerala/ south India... gr8 self promotion! I guess most experienced travelers can see through this and would run away from the agency.

--ARKZ

Edited: 11 December 2014, 15:18
Aluva, India
Level Contributor
78 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

Wow. This tour company is digging their own grave with all this self promotion. If they use all this underhand techniques in advertising, I cant imagine the techniques they would use to squeeze the last penny out of their customers(if they ever get one).

If you believe ppl wont see through all those fake reviews, you re a very positive bunch.

Anyways, do try and provide good services to those unsuslecting ppl who do get to you so that ppl will start giving all the good reviews. Good luck.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

yes,most of the posts praising this company are self promotion posts

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

Hi, I have not that much experience to suggest a travel planner. Here I am suggesting my small experience with one of the trip planner in kerala. Their name is Golden Sand Holidays. After marriage we are planning for a trip and searched for lot of travel planners. But we selected golden sand because they have 12 years of experience in this field. They arranged all A to Z things for our trip so that we are not that much bothered about anything. That trip was really awesome and unforgettable because their planning.

So here I am recommending Golden Sand for Travel Planners Tour Company. their website is http://goldensandholidays.com/

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: The Travel Planners Tour Company Highly Recommended

The client who wrote this feedback did not inform us about the review he put on Tripadvisor . The Travel Planners is a tour company established 15 years back and growing by clients reference and few of them shared their experiences in detail to this forum . We appreciate their effort to write in detail about the destinations they visited and the kind of service delivered by The Travel Planners. It is useful for many who want to take holidays in Kerala .