We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kovalam

Gle nrothes
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Kovalam

We have booked a apartment for 2weeks do you think that is to long in the one resort ? We are going to go to Varkala for 2 nights

Gle nrothes
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kovalam

bump

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kovalam

Hello Margaret - Depending on what you want to do it may be a great choice or may be too boring choice, but you can this as a base to visit more areas around Trivandrum.

London
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kovalam

I have friends who stay in Kovalam for the whole six months of winter and also have friends who only stay one or two nights in a particular place and like to move on all the time - so really depends what you want to do. I dont think it is to long, indeed you are going to Varkala for two nights and lots of other mini trips you can do, if you get bored.Easy to get into Trivandrum for shopping sightseeing. There is the half day river cruise. Easy to get rick shaw to more deserted beaches such as Coconut beach.

For me I would want longer, dont think you will get bored.

Gle nrothes
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kovalam

Hi Wanderin_star thank-you for your reply we are looking forward to it now

London
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kovalam

Also could arrange taxi to Kollam and have either full day or overnight stay on a houseboat which again would break up the time.

Gle nrothes
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kovalam

Hi Wandering-star can you tell me how far it is to Kollam from Kovalam please ?

London
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kovalam

Seem to remember, sure someone will confirm this, around 2-3 hours in taxi depending on traffic. Believe we left early morning so arrived on boat just before lunchtime - had lunch on boat and afternoon sailing around backwaters, then dinner on boat before returning mid evening. You can have overnight on boat if you want. Very easy to book through any of the travel agents in Kovalam and they will have all the various options.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kovalam

Hi Margaret! Kovalam is a beautiful place and you wont regret booking for two weeks. In Kovalam, you can also enjoy traditional art forms like Kathakali, Kalaripayattu, get some great SPA treatments and do shopping of handicrafts and wood items. Don't forget to enjoy the beautiful sunset. Welcome to India!

London
Level Contributor
8,032 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kovalam

Just rechecked and its about 54 miles from Kovalam to Kollam so in theory should be no more than 1-1/2 hours - but as I said it does depend on the traffic - seem to remember they had a political rally when I travelled there so thats why took a lot longer.

essex
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kovalam

Hi all .... Is it possible to go to the Maldives from Kerala .?.. Thankyoi