We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

I am planning to visit Kerala again after 2 years. Last year when I went to Kerala, I got an Ayurvedic massage in Kovalam and the massage was pretty nice.

As I was trying to put my clothes on again, the masseur asked me to get fully naked and started to dry me with a towel (I was full of oil), then touched my penis with the towel and gently dried it... Is it normal??? Or is it a gay invitation?

Any males here who have had the same experience? And what was your reaction? .

If this is not normal, any ayurveda massage parlours you recommend in Munnar, Thekkady or Kovalam?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

My husband got a massage in Kerala and he says he had a loin-cloth for the whole thing and there was no touching.

You can easily say no thanks if you get uncomfortable with the idea of being fully naked or being touched. That applies anywhere in any ayurvedic centre.

Going by what you wrote, it seems to me that this was not a sexual gesture. If it did not feel inappropriate or like a come-on, then it was not one. That's my point of view.

Deepa

London
Level Contributor
8,265 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

I have had many massage and once they covered genitals with loin cloth other times completely naked. So, I would say nothing untoward. I could tell you of other experiences with certain masseurs but probably not appropriate for this forum lol.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

Thank You for the replies. May be it was a false suspicion

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

It sounds like an invitation to me. You could have responded two ways--the way you did (not interested) and another way.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

Thanks for the responses. There were no problems this time :P

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

I think it may have been an invitation but as Deepa says you should just say no thanks.

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

Hello friends,

In Kerala Ayurveda Massage, not such actions arising.

When you are laying in Oil pathi You are wearing a "Lankotti" which makes a boundary, to unwanted thinking.

In case such moments..just say "Noooo thanks"

Edited: 24 April 2012, 16:20
8. Re: Is it normal for the masseur to almost touch your genitals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:12