We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
419 posts
14 reviews
Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

We are trying to work out our itinerary which covers Hyderabad, some areas of Sourh India including the Back waters and Pune and Mahabelaswar and end the trip in Mumbai

Day 1. Arrive at Hyderabad

Day 2. Hyderabad

Day 3. Fly to Coimbatore and Proceed to Ooty

Dat 4. Return to Coimbatore and Fly to Kochi

Day 5. Kochi

Day 6. Drive to Munnar

Day 7. Drive to Alleppey - Houseboat

Day 8. Drive to Kochi

Day 9 Fly to Pune and proceed to Mahabelaswar

Day 10. Mahabelaswar

Day 11. Proceed to Pune

Day 12. Fly or drive to Mumbai.

Is this doable in the 12 days or should we cut a few places and or modify the itinerary. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

10 replies to this topic
Kerala
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
1. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

This is very hectic plan. I would suggest 2 nights at Ooty and Munnar

2. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2018, 21:21

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,994 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

Arvind T

Quit the self promotion.

TripAdvisor Moderators are aware of your activity and will delete your advertising and solicitation posts.

They may also close your TA account down too.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
419 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

Hi Mondial

I agree that TA does not allow self advertising or solicitation posts. And rightfully so. This Forum is meant for feedback within the users.

However, I am a little concerned that I have not received feedback or suggestions about my itinerary.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,994 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

Monkey241 in post #4

Companies who feel it necessary to cheat in the India Forums, by their advertising, self promotion and solicitation, and opening a new TA member account when their previous ones have been closed down, are highly likely to cheat their customers too.

I’ve been working with other long time members and direct with the Moderators for many years , to try and clean up the India Forums so that people can ask their question here, and receive helpful advice, free from advertising, self promotion, solicitation and self interest.

You may not have read the pinned post at the top of the India Forums board, but it explains why TA introduced extra stringent Forum posting rules for this geographical forum.

Here’s a link to it

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

Much work goes on to keep these Forum boards fit for purpose.

Regards

Mondial

6. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 20:50

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,994 posts
106 reviews
7. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

Thank you, Durhamlass.

I appreciate your kind words.

It’s in the interests of every legitimate TA member to serve the TA Community by trying to keep the forums as they should be, and to report folks who abuse the forums for their own commercial benefit .

Regards

Mondial

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
419 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

Hi Mondial

I couldn't agree with you more.

I have benefited from the wonderful and useful suggestions and recommendations from many TA members in various Forums around the world.

I take this opportunity to thank everyone for their contributions.

Bavaria, Germany
Level Contributor
789 posts
263 reviews
9. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

As one has mentioned try to include one more day in each Munnar and ooty. It’s worth it.

Cut down a city instead or take a taxi from ooty to Munnar (a bit hectic though). Then visit kumarakom from munnar. later visit kochi and then fly out from there.

Also prefer kumarakom to alleppey

Edited: 20 June 2018, 13:18
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.

I wouldn't drive to Munnar, stay one night and then drive to Alleppey. Each journey is 4-5 hours depending on where you stay in Munnar, so would have very little time to see Munnar at all. You need at least 2 nights there so you have chance to explore a bit. We recently did 14 days in Kerala and wrote a blog about our experiences. Feel free to explore the different pages on this (even if not travelling with teenagers) and see if it helps with your itinerary/trip? holidaywithteenagersinkerala.com/our-keralan…

Reply to: Itinerary Help Requested for Kerala Trip.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted