We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Colombo, Sri Lanka
12 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Can you please recommend some places for cheap saree shopping in Bangalore. I want to know places like Chandni Chowk and Janpath Market in Delhi.

I am also interested in gents Kurthas and ladies and gents casual wear. Also my wife wants to buy clutch bags and costume jewellery to go with the sarees.

Basically looking for cheap/reasonable prices for decent quality stuff. Thanks

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,737 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Thare are many big malls and also you can look at area near Gandhinagar.

I think malls having "Big bazar" chain are resonably priced.

deepak

Edited: 05 September 2012, 14:23
Colombo, Sri Lanka
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Thanks for your responce.

Are there any markets like Chandni Chowk or Janpath in Delhi?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Rather than malls, I'd recommend market areas & stand-alone stores. You say you want good quality but reasonable rates. Since I don't know your benchmark of reasonable, I'll list places which I think are reasonably priced in Bangalore. Of course, places like Big Bazar, mentioned by Deepak ji are very economical, but, their quality isn't too good, in my opinion. It's okay to shop there for casual wear, which you can wear and throw after a year or so. Other similar malls are Coupon & Brand Factory.

Chikpet is one area, where you can shop for sarees, kurtas and jewellery. I've bought Sarees from Laxmi Silks in Chikpet & found some good variety there. Of course, there are many shops around so definitely check them out before you decide. It has narrow roads and is very crowded so try going on a weekday. And, walk around, rather than drive.

On MG road, you have Vijayalakshmi silks, Prasiddhi silks, Deepam (good collection, but, very very expensive) & the KSIC showroom selling the local Mysore silk sarees (Near Symphony theater). Another store near MG road is the Mysore Saree Udyog at Commercial street, which has a good collection. Commercial street & nearby Brigade road are good for shopping for casual wear. Commercial streets especially has many bargains and is a favourite with college-goers. Look for costume jewellery here too.

Angadi silks in Jayanagar 5th block (South Bangalore) has a lovely collection to suit all budgets, many of the sarees here are extremely affordable...I shop there quite often. Jayanagar 4th block also has many shops for costume jewellery.

If you haven't found kurtas in any of these areas, one store where you definitely have kurtas (for men & women) is Fab-india. They have branches across the city.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 17:44
Colombo, Sri Lanka
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Thank you.

I m manly looking for synthetic sarees. Suppose the places you mentioned will have them.

Looking at decent quality ones at a cheap price. For example I got Faux Crepe party wear sarees for INR 550 from Chandni Chowk. So looking for that price range or less. Will it be possible in Bangalore?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

If you are looking only for party wear sarees with embellishments, skip most stores I told you about.

INR 550 or less? Sorry, but, I wasn't expecting this to be the budget when you said 'cheap/reasonable rates'. Rs. 550 is something you would usually spend on a top. Or, an inexpensive shirt. Inexpensive party wear sarees I've seen typically cost INR 1000 to INR 1500.

You might find sarees in that range (1000-1500) only in Chikpet or small stores in Commercial street. Or, in Big Bazar that Deepak ji had mentioned. But, I must tell you this - compared to Delhi, clothes in Bangalore are expensive. You can think of getting a party-wear saree there for the budget you've mentioned, but, not in Bangalore. I would suggest doing all your shopping in Delhi itself.

Edited: 07 September 2012, 18:25
Colombo, Sri Lanka
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Thanks for the response, was thinking that prices were almost the same everywhere...

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Commercial Street - one of my favorite places to go in Bangalore!!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Thilan,

No....unfortunately, ethnic Indian wear is very expensive in Bangalore when compared to prices in Mumbai or Delhi. Casual wear is available at rates on par with most other cities.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 15:58
Colombo, Sri Lanka
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

Thanks a lot for the info :) :)

10. Re: Cheap Saree shopping in Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 14:46
Get answers to your questions about Bengaluru