We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Topic
Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

We are a group of 10 and like to visit waterfalls ,temples and have minor trecks around Bangalore(radius of 300-350km) for 2 days.Please let me know the best tour route options available for the same.We have the liking to enjoy the nature .

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

You can check this day-trip guide for a few options:

tripadvisor.com/Guide-g297628-l134-Bangalore…

Are you planning one trip for the two days (with a 1 night stay somewhere) or do you plan to return to Bangalore at the end of each day? If you are planning for a 1 night stay outside Bangalore, you could also head to Wayanad, Coorg or the area around Chikmagalur. All these offer a good combination of temples, waterfalls & treks that you are looking for.

Though, bear in mind that you will be travelling in the monsoons. But, that has a charm of its own. Take adequate precautions, that's all.

Edited: 12 June 2012, 13:11
Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
705 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

Nandi hills, jog falls, kodagu, ooty - all are small treks that can be done in a day. They are not too far away either. They have waterfalls and nature around. Shravanabelgola, belur and halebid for the temple circuit - will take a very long day by car or best done with an overnight. Check maps for locations and see which can be combined.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

i would like to add Bāba Budan Hills to this list . this is less than 300 kms from Bangalore and known as trekker's paradise .

nearby temples would be Guru Duttatreya temple , Mullyangiri Shiv temple etc.

you would also find a couple of waterfalls nearby .

Edited: 12 June 2012, 14:22
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

Amelie, "Nandi hills, jog falls, kodagu, ooty - all are small treks that can be done in a day. They are not too far away either." is a very misleading sentence. Can you please elaborate? Do you mean they are not too far away from each other or from Bangalore.

Except for Nandi Hills, none of the others are "small treks that can be done in a day". They are all weekend destinations requiring an overnight stay, like your suggestion of Belur / Halebidu / Sravanabelagola.

twonhalf, thanks :)....Baba Budan hills was the area I was trying to refer to when I said around Chikmagalur.

Edited: 12 June 2012, 16:23
Bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

Thanks for the reply.The plan is for a trip of 2 days .The first night stay will be along the trip route.The route u mentioned looks good.Please do reply if u can still come with better route.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

Shivanasamudra falls is definitely the best one day trip from Bangalore. Lots of water in monsoons will keep you excited.

Read my travel blog on sivanasamudra falls - …travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

family of 4 adults. have 5 days suggest tour of near places of banglore mail ratan.jain108@gmail.com

bangalore
Level Contributor
135 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

Hi

@ratnesh

there are many options for you,

You can plan bangalore, mysore,coorg(palaces,hill station)

bangalore,belur,halebid,shravanabelagula, chickmagalur(mostly old temples)

If your travelling at new years better to have adv booking at coorg as diffcult to get rooms and also it is slightly high during this period.

Regards

Lohit

Thane, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

hi lohit and wanderlust

trying to get a tour planned for Karnataka. 2 adults and one toddler. 10 days out of which last 4-5 days will be in Club Mahindra resort near Nagarhole / Madikeri (not yet decided). Planning of April 2013. I know it will be hot but no option there.

Can you suggest some good places considering that I will be travelling to and fro to Mumbai. Would like see some scenery, beaches, falls and other green side of Karnataka.

regards

Sunila

bangalore
Level Contributor
135 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourism Places around Bangalore that can be covered in 2days

Hi Sunila,

Are you coming to bangalore first, if yes than you can cover Lalbagh/cubbon park, bannerughatta national park(wildlife reserve), bangalore palace, if interested in some temples, 1 day would be sufficient

3rd day you can travel to shivasamudra(water falls ~100km from bangalore) and also cover gaganachuki/bharachukki(nearby falls) but there wont be much water at this time then you can travel to talakkad(sandy temple ruins). or sommanathpur then to mysore.

4th day - Mysore local sightseeing would take up a day.

5th day-visit krs dam/rangantitu bird santuary(boat ride) and travel to madikeri.

6th 7th day you can cover madikeri than travel to nagarhole(wildlife santuary).

I have been to both places through club mahindra and in my opinion I would prefer nagarhole. pls check with the resort if the kid if below a year is allowed on the 4hr safari.

another option is

1,2 days bangalore

3rd day travel to gokarna(temple and beach)

4th day to murudeshwar(close by beach games/temple)

5th day belur, halebid, shravanabelagula. halt at hassan

6th day to madikeri/nagarhole.

places other than madekeri will be very hot,

Regards

Lohit