We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any nice Picnic spots in Bangalore

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Any nice Picnic spots in Bangalore

Hi,

Ae there any nice picnic spots in bangalore??? Where one can just go & spend a Sundy afternoon with packed food??? Also any good coffee/desert shops (Apart from Cafe Coffee days & Barista's??? Some thing more local & Unique???

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any nice Picnic spots in Bangalore

Picnic spots: Best one is probably Lalbagh Botanical Gardens. It's big and the lawns are a popular picnic area. Cubbin Park is another possibility. Be aware that since Sunday is the main day that most Indians have off from work (they mostly work a 6-day week), Sundays are crowded and both places are very popular picnic/family outing spots. If you have Saturdays off, I would suggest you go then instead. The area around Sankey Tank is also used as a walking spot and I'm sure they have picnic tables.

Coffee shop: Indian Coffee House, sponsored by the gov't of india coffee board. They serve the traditional south indian coffee, which is arguably the richest, best in the world (in my opinion). If you don't like it too sweet, just ask for the sugar on the side. There is one right on MG Road, near Shrungar Shopping Complex and another one at the Coffee Board, I think on Raj Bhavan Road near the police commissioner's offices.

Another classic place is Koshy's on St. Mark's Road, near MG Road. This is a famous Bangalore eatery and a center for intellectuals, artists, students, and other interesting people. PMs have dined here. They have good south indian coffee, the food is also good, and they serve beer. It's one of the few places where you are never rushed through your meal...you can feel comfortable there and settle in for awhile with a book or whatever.