We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastal Karnataka Tour

Pune
8 posts
Save Topic
Coastal Karnataka Tour

Hi All,

I was about to plan Coastal Karnataka Tour May. Need your expert suggestions.

Is is advisable to travel in May as we have a child of 3.5 yrs travelling with us.

Also if anyone can suggest an itenarary for us?

Thanks,

Kanchan

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

Would it be just beaches ? or a lil bit of everything included .

Pune
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

I am unaware of the coastal karnataka tourist places, just heard of Gokarna, Murudeshwara, Hampi, Badami, Mysore, Managalore etc.

And also I am not sure of where to travel in scorching heat of May along with small kid.

Probably I would like to visit beaches as well and all included where the season favors.

Thanks,

Kanchan

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

You could take the Karnataka Holidays Golden Beaches of Karnataka which is a 5 day tour every Thursday and includes Karwar,Gokarna,Kumta,Murudeshwar,Marvanthe,St Mary's Island,Udupi,Ullal and Mangalore

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

late reply--the one suggested by premsubramaniam looks great . but check if you can accommodate all .

personally i wouldn't have tried too many places during summer with a kid. I would have tried Gokarna, Murudeshwara,Mookambika temple and Mangalore.

this would give me ample time to rest and move with a family. i would have made it more tight with more places to visit if i was alone .

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

Hi...

You have not indicated on where you intend to start your trip from. I have done two such trips last year and the latest was last week. Presuming, you are doing it by road, you may consider the following options and choose the ones that interest you.

Gokarna - Temple and Beach (Om Beach is worth a visit)

Murudeshwar - Nothing much to see, the temple too is very touristy. RNS Lodge is a good place to stay.

Udipi - Temple & Beaches

Kollur - Mookambika Temple

Sringeri - Temple & Sankara Mutt (Deviation)

Agumbe - Sun set view (Deviation)

Horanadu - Annapoorneshwari Temple, very famous and a tiny hill station. Good for overnight stay. (Deviation)

Kateel - Durga Parameswari Temple

Mangalore - Beaches

Dharmasthala , Belur, Haleebedu, Shravanabelagola

Madikeri - Coorg

Kukke - Subrahmanya Temple

Mysore.

This is mostly a spiritual and beach holiday. Subject to mixing them with a right itinerary, the trip would be interesting. Else, you can do the stretch from Gokarna to Mahe or even Calicut. So many beaches and lot of options.

One warning - The NH 17, which is the highway you would use for this, is currently pathetic (a very very soft word). We were so pained by this road and the interior roads are even worse. So, plan accordingly.

Feel free to revert for any further clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

Hi friends... i am planning to visit mysore to mangalore during next month december... we are 6 people... plan to hire innova from mysore... i prefer mysore instead of mangalore as i am having a well known driver in mysore... i have planned myself my itinerary as given below for 5 days... i am having confusion in whether i can cover all these places as i planned since all the places are temples, so that only morning and evening darshan will be available... hence kindly suggest me whether i can cover all these places as my itinerary or else suggest me one good itinerary with all these places... also suggest me where to stay during night as i am travelling with ladies, safety is must... as said in mr prasanna's post, i am much worried about the road's condition there...

i am planning to come to mysore from chennai by shatabdi express...

please reply... so that i will book tickets in a day or two..

1st day

Mysore Hassan 120kms (night stay)

2nd day

Hassan Halebeedu 32kms

Halebeedu Belur 16kms

Belur Horanadu 98kms

Horanadu Shringeri 50kms (night stay)

total 196 kms

3rd day

Shringeri Agumbe 28kms

Agumbe Kollur 82kms

Kollur Murudeeswara 67kms (night stay)

total 177 kms

4th day

Murud Udupi 105 kms

Udupi Kateel 43kms

Kateel Dharmasthalam 73kms (night stay)

total 221 kms

5th day

Dharmasthalam Kukke 56kms

Kukke Mysore 191kms

total 247 kms

Mysore to Chennai by Night Train

regards

vijay

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

When do you reach Mysore? If you start from Mysore in the morning, you can cover all the places you have mentioned and stay at Horanadu. In fact, you can include Shravanabelagola also, if interested. You may consider Thala Cauvery, Madikeri on the last day. Consider covering Gokarna also, which is a very sacred place. This can be done after Murudeshwar. Nice staying ooptions are Horanadu, Murudeshwar(RNS)/Gokarna(Shivaprasad), Dharmasthala.

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

thanks mr prasanna

pune
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

our family from pune are planning for coastal karnatka tour in april or may in our car so if u accompy it will be better myself,wife,daughter do email-sanjaykumtakar4@gmail.com or suzuki123@indiatimes.com

pune
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Coastal Karnataka Tour

our family from pune are planning for coastal karnatka tour in april or may in our car so if u accompy it will be better myself,wife,daughter do email-sanjaykumtakar4@gmail.com or suzuki123@indiatimes.com