We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Topic
Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

We plan to visit the above places after arriving in Udipi from Mumbai. Can any one suggest an itinerary. Will it be possible to reach Shimoga by evening after taking darshan at Kollur if we drive from Udipi in the morning?

Suggestions for travel options as well as names of good car hire contacts will be very much appreciated.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
174 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Hi... how many days trip are you planning?

It is possible to reach Shimoga in the evening but the travelling will be little hectic. You would have to leave Udupi early and take darshan at Kollur and leave for Shimoga via Agumbe Ghat.

It is also advisable for you to stay in Chikmagalur as it is closer to Sringeri and Hornadu and is a destination by itself.

PM if you want more details.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

The Kollur temple i closed between 1.and 3.30, it's avery pretty drive and worth visiting-we were there about 2 weeks ago. They start to serve lunch from 12.30 and it ends by around 1.45.

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Thank you we have a total of 6 days. We will be arriving Udupi on 14th Morning and leaving for Mumbai from either Mangalore/Udupi on 20th March afternoon (2.00 pm). Chikmagalur is a good option but my parents will prefer to stay for atleast a couple of days at Sringeri because of its divine significance and salubrious atmosphere.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
174 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Are you travelling to Shimoga for a particular reason?

There is a decent wild life safari and zoo about 4-6 km from Shimoga. Jog falls is another place you can visit from Shimoga. In Sakrebail you can see lots of Elephants and can even do Elephant safari. Sakrebail is close to Gajanur dam which is also a good place.

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Yes, we would like to visit Mathur, a village where Sanskrit is still the common medium of communication and spoken by everyone. It is around 10 kms from Shimoga.

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

What would be the time taken by Road from Udupi to Kollur and from Kollur to Shimoga? Are there good bus services or is it better to hire a vehicle? Is it possible to go to Shimoga from Kollur via Hosanagara instead of via Agumbe ghat? The map I have got shows a road link from Kollur to Shimoga via Hosanagara.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
174 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Udupi to Kollur is about 70 kms and could be done within 2 hours. The drive is pretty scenic.

Kollur to Shimoga via Hosanagar is the better option. Kollur to Shimoga is about 140 km. You get KSRTC buses to Shimoga and all the Bangalore buses go via Shimoga. You can also hire a vehicle to go to Shimoga depending on the no. of people travelling. You can negotiate a price before hand or pay as per km.

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Thank you yashwin, God bless you

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

Thank you gjo too and god bless you too. Wish you many more happy trips.

Chennai
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Udipi-Kollur-Shimoga-Sringeri-Horanadu-Dharmasthala

I would like to go with a party of 6 people from bangalore toSRAVANABELAGOLA,BELURU,AND DARMASTALA ON DAY ONE

On day two from darmastala to udipi and kolluru stay at kolluru

On day three shimoga to Jogfalls and stay at Shimoga

On day four return to bangalore

I need information regarding the distance between these places, good hotels(3 Star)to stay and is there a bettertour package.I take a good vehicle from bangalore for the entire tour.