We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampi-Bijapur-Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

South Windsor...
Level Contributor
168 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Hampi-Bijapur-Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Hi,

We are planning for a 5-day trip to these places from Pune during Jan-Feb 2008. We are planning to drive. This is a sketch of the plan:

Day 1: Drive down to Hampi from Pune. Stay at Hampi.

Day 2: Tour Hampi. Stay at Hampi.

Day 3: Early morning start. Tour Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal. Night at Bijaput.

Day 4: Tour Bijapur. Stay at Bijapur.

Day 5: Back to Pune.

Please comment on the plan - feasibility, suggestions etc. It will be great if someone can give me ideas about the distances and driving times between the destinations. Also, pointers to hotels will also be very welcome.

Is it possible to compress the plan to 4 days instead of 5?

Thanks,

Vivek

Dubai
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampi-Bijapur-Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

I think your 3rd day is bit tight. In my opinion, you should spend some more time in the historical places Badami, Aihole & Pattadakal.

Being resident of Bijapur, if you start in the morning, one day is morethan enough for Bijapur.

About distances

Pune to Bijapur = 320 Km

Pune to Hampi = 500 Km

Bijapur to Hampi = 186 Km

Hampi to Badami = 106 Km

Bijapur to Badami = 102 Km

Aihole & Pattadakal are close by say 20Km apart.

For more info you may use the following link to findout the distances between cities daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-…

I suggest you to include Alamatti Dam site, Kudal Sangam which is a famous place (Krantiyougi Basavanna) & on the way to Bijapur from Badami.

Wish you pleasant journey

A resident of Bijapur (now lives in Dubai)

Pune
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampi-Bijapur-Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

So how did your trip go Vivekbrata? We're doing the same route this year. Any suggestions?

3. Re: Hampi-Bijapur-Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 17:47