We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directly from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake ...

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Directly from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake ...

Hi

We have planned to visit Pangong Lake directly after a night stay at Nubra Valley. Followed by a Night stay at Pangong as-well.

Some people have mentioned about such route but cant find anything substantial.

please suggest if this is feasible ?

Delhi
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directly from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake ...

Nubra Valley to Pangong will be 10 hrs & could be challenging .

However if you do a day trip to Pangong ... it will be a similar drive . so feasable

You will have to go through Leh anyways

2. Re: Directly from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2012, 19:08
Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Directly from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake ...

Hi Pardeep

You seem to be well learnt about leh ladakh trip. I have gone through almost every review from you about leh trip.and I admire your observations.

Now I need some guidance from you.

I am from Chandigarh And planing a trip to leh ladakh with my wife and 2 kids. We will be joined by another couple from Jammu. We will be going by Scorpio. (mid june 2012)

Now problem is the route plan. We want to get maxim in 5/6 nights (ex jammu)

but I learnt journey is too long (ex jammu) so suggest me the shrtest route and stayable destination (not to miss at any cost)

your reply is much awaited and much appreceited

Alkesh kansal

alkeshkansal@rediffmail.com

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
201 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directly from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake ...

Alkesh, thank you for the nice words but I am not at all learned nor connected to the travel business. After 4 trips to Ladakh (2 in winter), even a dud like me learns a few things!! All I do is share my thoughts & experiences honestly with whoever asks.

My only "problem" is that I live in an area where there are no landlines so internet access is only wireless and that, too, only at a few specific spots on the 1st floor. So I can not log-on often and check this website but direct email to {vu2pcd at gmail dot com} is convenient for me since Outlook automatically updates the Inbox whenever in range. So pl write direct to me.

To answer your questions, since you are desperately short of time, I suggest a night halt at Pangong. If you can choose a full-moon night, it is an awesome experience to see the moon rise above the lake.

The Jammu-Leh journey is, indeed, quite long. At leat one night halt on the way. But it all depends -- if driving is your passion, you will enjoy it (if your family enjoys it, too!!).

For more, pl write direct and I will share all my contact details. Take care, be good.... Pradeep.

5. Re: Directly from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:46