We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

I am at the first step of planning a trip to Leh and Ladakh and was wondering what is the minimum number of days required to plan a good trip (not necessarily all the places in L&L but the key places). We are a bunch of friends interested in trekking and adventure, if this helps you give us a pointed reply.

Edited: 16 June 2011, 11:41
Delhi
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

Pls advise how do you get into leh

Are you guys planning a road trip ? or flying in and out

Standard Fly in / Fly out tours to Leh are about 7 days to see most the important attractions

but in case you need to trek then you need to decide .. how many days trek and if yes you will need to freeze the guide and location in advance to be in a position to leave on schedule . Most Treks happen in the Nubra Valley

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

Mr. Nathan, there are many Leh/Ladakh itineraries available on the internet, you can see those and check how many nights they are suggesting.

Some links are here, which I found just now by googling, but you can search for for more:

1) This one by kunzum, kunzum.com/2009/… (the owner of Kunzum Cafe in Delhi and he is also a photographer)

2) www.thrillophilia.com/trekking-ladakh.php (lots of trek options on this page)

Hope that helps, and I am sure vistet will soon be around to offer quality advice.

Edited: 16 June 2011, 12:13
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
204 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

Entire Life is not enough for Ladakh!!! Well, seriously, if you want to experience Ladakh by stepping out of your vehicle, climbing a few peaks around Lake Pangong and experiencing the raw, rustic vastness, at least 15days, I would say.

Have been to Ladakh three times, the last being in Feb2011 during winter. To see some pictures, visit my webpage www.picasaweb.google.com/vu2pcd and see all the Ladakh albums online. If you have questions, write to me direct at {vu2pcd at gmail dot com}.

Be safe, get proper acclimatization and have a great trip.... Pradeep.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
204 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

Very nice links, Deepa. Thank you for sharing.

Pradeep.

Udaipur
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

7 days

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

I think 7 days would be the minimum you want there.

4 days would be needed just to arrive, rest, acclimate and then depart.

day 1:arrival, check in, rest

day 2: acclimate to the altitude. You'd be advised to just walk around Leh town and not go anywhere too far.

day 3: you can start your trek/wandering around to other places

day n: depart leh

When we asked about trekking, the tour operators always recommended at least 8 - 10 days. So we didn't on a trek. You should check with the tour operators.

Our recent experience to Pangong Lake here in case you're interested (we camped overnight):

idelish.com/2011/…

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
204 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

My 4th visit to Ladakh (2nd in winter) coming up 25Jan2012 onwards. Want to join us???

Pradeep.

Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

7 Nights and 8 days is enough for leh tour

9. Re: Leh Ladakh: No. of Days required for travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 15:46