We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi

Hello,

Me and my wife are planning to visit Leh during middle of july. I am a US citizen and my wife is a Bangladeshi citizen. I heard Leh DC office has stopped giving permission for Bangladeshi to visit Pangong lake, Nubra valley etc. They wrote that Bangladeshi have to get permission from Ministry of Home Affairs in Delhi. I already booked my return flight from Leh and I will stay one day in Delhi. Within the short period of time, it is impossible for me to get permission. Can anyone tell me what should I do in this case?

Thanks in Advance.

Mentioned in this post
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
Nubra Valley
Nubra Valley
736 Reviews
Jammu and Kashmir, India
5 replies to this topic
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi

Hello,

We are facing same problem. We have some ideas, but we don't have time. You may try. Tell your wife to visit INDIAN Embassy and fill up a form they will provide. You try some delhi tour operators who arranges tour in Leh. They may try in the foreign division of Delhi MHA for PAP for your wife. Best regards. :)

Mentioned in this post
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi

The form mentioned above is found at the Visa Application Center , not the embassy site :

http://www.ivacbd.com/Restricted-Area

There is a prominent link to this on the front page , so it seems that the normal ( and slow ) process is the same as with the visas : go to the IVAC site first , and no direct interaction with the embassy. Do post how it pans out.

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi

Hi Adrita,

Thanks for giving some valuable information. My wife tried to contact Indian Embassy in Bangladesh and they don’t talk any topics outside your visa applications. I will let her try again. And there are some tour agents in Bangladesh who can get the permission, but they charges a lot for Leh trip, so I think I will contact tour agents in Delhi.

Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Leh
Leh
Leh District, India
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi

@ vistet,

Hi!!

Actually I have not tried the application process, as one has to apply 8 weeks prior to visit. And they changed the rule again only on May with out any notice/ care.

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi

Hi Vistet,

I will try the link you sent. Thanks for the information.

Reply to: Leh Protected Area Permit for Bangladeshi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;