We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

I have booked to be in Sninagar from 4th to 11th Sept 2013. I now realize that perhaps I should have spent a couple of days in different places. Anyway, we really want to go to the Wildlife sanctuary very much. Please advise as to how we could get there and the cheapest way. Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,831 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

You may visit Dachigam National Park, its 22 kms from Srinagar. You might get deer and some other species over there. Early morning is the ideal time to see wildlife at DNP.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 16:36
Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

Dachigam national park is nearest to city 25 km from srinagar , if you are visiting near to get the permission from TRC

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

Thanks.How do I get permission from Australia?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,831 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

You need to be reported at TRC Srinagar a day before you visit the park. It won't take much time to procure the permit.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 17:14
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

Thanks very much, again.

colombo
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

hi

is jeep safaris possible in wildlife [arks in JK state? no snow leopards here in this park?

pls advise as am trying to go to JK for 1st time with my wife n kid.....how is hemis high altitude park? are there any snow animal based zoo's also in the area??

or ideally open zoo's safari parks etc? i am a wildlife freak so where i ever travel i like to involve some wildlife into the agenda too..thank you great help kf someone can advise

also pls tell me when would be ideal to travel to make sure snow doesnt become a barrier to access but we like to expreience the snow may be elsewhere

cheers

8. Re: Srinagar to wildlife sanctuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 09:46