We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kashmir tour in october last week

Nanded, India
2 posts
Save Topic
kashmir tour in october last week

I'm planning my first ever tour to Kashmir in last week of October for the7 nights.

Please guide me the days distribution to enjoy the destinations.

Should i do the prior booking of 4 star luxury hotels or they can be bargained due to off-season ?

Can i get the snow to play?

How would be the gardens and scenery in the last week of October?

...............Mahavir.

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kashmir tour in october last week

Dear DrMahavir76

Bargaining is possible

Snow at Aphrawat in Gulmarg & Thajiwas glacier in Sonmarg

Itinery can be

D-1 arrival Srinagar,check in houseboat,shikara ride

D-2 Day trip to Sonmarg

D-3 Day trip to Yusmarg

D-4 To Pahalgam onway s/s,half day for s/s

D-5 Full day for s/s at Pahalgam or at leisure

D-6- to Srinagar,onway visit Achabal,kokernag,daksum

D-7 Local s/s Srinagar & shopping

D-8 departure

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
310 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kashmir tour in october last week

Hi drmahavir76,

With regards to the question about Mughal Gardens in late Oct, I have been to Kashmir in early November - Gardens are barren... Have some pretty miserable small flowers here and there, scattered across the gardens. But have abundant autumn leaves. So if going in Oct, be prepared for photos with backdrops of scenic autumn golden brown leaves/trees. It is pretty in a different way, unless you are a big fan of flowers, go in Summer months.

Regards,

Panda

Pune
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kashmir tour in october last week

Dr Mahavir,

One suggestion I would like to make to the recommendations given by Anil Ji - Gulmarg must be part of your schedule. So you may want to consider Gulmarg instead of Yusmarg.

Achabal, Kokernag, Daksum are decent picnic spots in south Kashmir and may be considered.

It is better to book hotels in advance.

Out of 3 nights in Srinagar suggest you stay one night at Wangnoo Houseboats or Royal Dandoo Palace Group of Houseboats. Good hotels are Comrade Inn, Residency Hotel or Heevan Resorts.

For Pahagam I would suggest Mountview or Pine Spring or Heevan Pahalgam.

Heevan brand of hotels is owned by Ahad hotels and Resorts - talk to them and see if they can give you accommodation for both Srinagar and Pahalgam.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Edited: 01 June 2013, 09:34
Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kashmir tour in october last week

Dear Dr Mahavir

I appreciate suggestions of Mr Romeet,he included Gulmarg which i forget, Gulmarg must be included in Trip.

He has given you a good hotel's list.

better if prebook with bargaining

5. Re: kashmir tour in october last week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 10:46