We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
763 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

hi,

how to get from jammu to srinagar.what is best way to do it by taxi-car or by bus.how long it will take and how much it will be by bus and by taxi-car.

thanks in advance.

128 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

jammu to srinagar

by gov bus-230 and 350 per person depends on deluxe and super deluxe bus)

Sumo(shared)-500 per person

tips:

Start early for jammu to reach srinagar since roadblocks are very common....road is completely hilly...if u love nature and have sufficient time then only travel by road....

or book flight early to get airtickets at lower rates..

if u start by 8 aur 8.30 u will tentatively reach by 5 clock.

it generally take 10 hrs by sumo and 12 hrs by govt bus.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
34,287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

There are J&K SRTC buses of Rs.220 (Hi-tech), Super deluxe Rs.180, A-class Rs.130, B-class Rs.120. Which takes about 10-11 hrs from Jammu to Srinagar. Taxis are there @ Rs.3000 for Tata Sumo and Rs.4000 for car. Shared taxi Rs.460 (car) & Rs.350 (Sumo) takes 9-10 hrs.

AshisRoy

Edited: 23 April 2012, 13:04
Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
2,715 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

Its Better to hire the taxi instead of bus, the bus take to much time

4. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 17:35

Bangladesh
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

Dear

I will Jammu by Himagri express from kolkata. Bus will arrival jammu at 12. P.M. Then i want to go srinagar from Jammu. As per yours confirmation it will take 10-12 hrs. So when i will reach srinagar, the time probably will be 10 or 11 P.M.; i m coming with my wife; so pls inform me that the time(10 or 11 P.M) will be safer for us? or will we get availbe hotel at that time. I will come at srinagar hopefully 2 Sep-2012. pls reply me

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
34,287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

You should not start for Srinagar after 11 a.m from Jammu. If you can't make that, stay overnight at Jammu and get JKSRTC bus : 19 seats Super Luxury coach Rs.445. Which starts at 6 am, you can book your seat 1 day in advance.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 16:10
Bangladesh
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

thnx yaar; will u pls tell me the tour details of Glmarg from srinagar & sonmarg,Pehelgam.

Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

Dear,

If you are doing day trips to these places then its advisable to hire a taxi and leave early so that you have sufficent time at these places.

Regards

Sunny

Pune
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

Hi

I will be going from Jammu to Srinagar in May. Is there any overnight bus available for same? Also if it is not and we go by taxi, is it safe to do a night journey?

Thanks in advance

Utsav

Pune
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.

Hi

I will be going from Jammu to Srinagar in May. Is there any overnight bus available for same? Also if it is not and if we choose to go by taxi, is it safe to do a night journey?

Thanks in advance

Utsav

Reply to: how to reach from jammu to srinagar.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted