We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Level Contributor
312 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

We plan to visit Srinagar ,Kashmir and the surrounding areas including Pahalgham but remain undecided if it should be mid to end September , or until mid october.

Cutting it fine ,I know but a decade ago we visited Srinagar in Late October but found it "Rather Nippy".,including the lake.

We plan to combine this with visit t the Golden Triangle and Amritsar.

Help narrowing these options appreciated!

137 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Kisse

Mid October would be good time to visit Kashmir. Less Chance of rain in Oct. You'll get to see saffron farming, apple in orchards.

The itinerary can be Delhi > Srinagar (Gulmarg/Pahalgam/Sonmarg) > Delhi > Agra > Jaipur > Amritsar (by train - 19781 Jaipur- Amritsar Express) > Delhi.

AshisRoy

Edited: 05 April 2012, 15:13
Level Contributor
312 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

AshisRoy,

thanks for your suggestions and indirectly altering our plan,.

We intended Amritsar, Delhi,Srinagar day trips Gulmarg,Sonmarg and an overnighter to Pahalgam then back to Delhi to Jaipur,Rathambore, Agra and Delhi and back.

Hotels in Srinagar offered are Taj Viv,Lalit & Gurkha.Pahalgaham is Pahalgham and Pine trees...Jaipur s TridentRathambore is Regency & N.Haveli...Jaypee in Agra & Delhi and Metro....

Your suggestion feels soother i.e. into Delhi and move on and out of Amritsar?? Care to comment?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Kisse

The modified itinerary is doable. Selection of hotels are good.

AshisRoy

Edited: 05 April 2012, 17:47
Level Contributor
312 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Thanks.

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

hello Ashis Roy i am planning to visit srinagar n surrounding places like gulmarg,sonmarg n many other places can you please tell me that will i find snow in the month of october because i have not seen a snow place in my life so visiting 1st time and i want to enjoy my trip hope you reply me.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Irshadali_dhn

You'll get snow at Affarwat (Gulmarg) in October. You'll get to see saffron farmings and apples in the orchards as well.

AshisRoy

Edited: 03 May 2012, 21:15
Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

thanks AshisRoy

Hey can u suggest me some good hotels their as i am going their to make my honeymoon and i dont want to mess up things i want to prepare each and everything about my trip from here itself hope you help me in this and also can u suggest me how schedule my trip example 1st where you want me to go srinagar or pahalgam , gulmarg , sonmarg so can you guide me in that..

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Irshadali_dhn

Suggestive tour plan :

Day1 Arr. Srinagar. Check-in hotel. Afternoon - shikara ride on Dal lake.

Day2 Srinagar - Mughal Gardens, Hazratbal, Sankaracharya Temple. Afternoon - shopping.

Day3 Day trip to Sonmarg.

Day4 After breakfast transfer to Gulmarg, check-in hotel. Afternoon - roam around green meadow, have a cup of Kahwa in Gulmarg Golf Club.

Day5 After breakfast - Gondola ride to Affarwat, sladging and other snow activities. Back to Gulmarg before lunch. Afternoon - free at leisure.

Day6 Transfer to Pahalgam, enroute - Awantipura ruins. Check-in hotel.

Day7 Pahalgam - Aru, Chandanbari and Betaab Valley.

Day8 Transfer to Srinagar, flyout.

Hotels = Srinagar : Royal Khazir, Welcome, Blooming Dale. Gulmarg : Pine Spring, Royal Park. Pahalgam : Hotel Heevan, Brown Palace. Houseboat : New Buckingham Palace or New Golden Gem.

AshisRoy

Edited: 07 May 2012, 15:55
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Hi Ashis

We are 6 adults and 2 kids below 3 years. Our trip is planned from 3rd to 10th October

Arriving srinagar on 3rd and leaving on 10th from srinagar

Following is the itenary we have in mind, please suggest

3rd Directly to Pahalgam Overnight stay

4th At pahalgam night stay

5th to Gulmarg - night stay

6th Gulmarg - night stay

7th, 8th , 9th Srinagar - day excusrion to Sonmarg

Alternate

3rd Directly to Pahalgam Overnight stay

4th At pahalgam night stay

5th to Sonmarg stay

6th Sonmarg night stay

7th, 8th , 9th Srinagar - day excusrion to Gulmarg

Also can you provide some hotel options

Edited: 20 June 2012, 14:24
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
33,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.

Hi IamOpium

The first option is perfectly alright. Suggestive hotels = Srinagar : Akbar, Welcome, Zamrud, Blooming Dale. Pahalgam : Heevan, Mount View, Cottage Accommodation : Yasmeen Amaan [yasminamaan@hotmail.com] 09906505354. Gulmarg : Royal Park, Pine Spring, Heevan.

AshisRoy

Edited: 20 June 2012, 15:37
Reply to: Weather in Srinagar in September/October.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted