We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit Kashmir

Mumbai, India
8 posts
best time to visit Kashmir

Hi,

Good Day

When is the best time to visit Kashmir? We are planning a trip to Kashmir.Any suggestions on itinerarty for 6 - 7 days? Never been to J&k ever and would like to explore around Srinagar. Can anyone please suggest some good Budget hotel & Veg.restaurants or Dhaba in Srinagar. which can be suitable as I am travelling with a child and we are vegetarians.

manoj

mumbai

1,347 replies to this topic
World
11 posts
1. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

While summers are usually thought to be the best time to visit Kashmir, it is not always the case. But it depends how much winter you like or not, travel during snow is beautiful for some people. There are a little more details about year around srinigar weather here at http://www.travelomy.com/srinagar-when-to-go , you can take a look.

No idea about hotel, restaurants, sorry, thought the site above should be able to give you places to see etc too.

Srinagar, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
2. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

Kashmir is a four season travel destination. Choose what you want Spring, Summer, Autumn , Winter all have their own beautiful charm.

Summer is considered best because it is holiday time in schools & people can go to travel with their families. But this is not true what if you like to see the flowers blooming in the paradise, so you need to come in Spring, If you wantto see the beautiful green kashmir, so summers. If you want to see the golden shades of Kashmir, Autumn is for you. Well if you are a snow freak , then winter is right time for you.

But as i can feel from your words , You can enjoy Kashmir tour in Summer only. Have a nice holidays

Srinagar, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
3. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

Budget Hotel - Hotel Timor Rs 800/ per room- 10 min walk from dallake.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

Either you visit Kashmir between March and June or September and November. The itinerary can be Srinagar 3 nts, Gulmarg 2 nts & Pahalgam 2 nts.

You may stay in Paradise Hotel, Sunshine or Nishat View, ranges Rs.1200-1500.

Best veg restaurant in Srinagar is Krishna Dhaba. It is near Durganag off Dal Gate. On Srinagar - Pahalgam highway.

AshisRoy

Edited: 22 June 2011, 13:28
Mumbai, India
8 posts
5. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

Dear All, Gnarly,Fayazbhai and Ashisbhai

Thanks a lot for all the info...

Tks & Regds..

Manoj

India
Level Contributor
24 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

Hi,

I am visiting srinagar, pahalgam and gulmarg in the first week of september. my trip has been booked through ezeego and we are on a package. Just wanted to know whether it is safe for women to travel to these places. We would be a group of two to three women. Any tips/advice would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

world_80explo...

Nothing to worry as such. Kashmir is safe for all. Do not go for exploration after late evening, if necessary, hire an auto rickshaw for both way. Pre-paid phone card will not work in Kashmir, take woollens. keep photo ID card with you.

AshisRoy

Edited: 26 August 2011, 12:09
Chennai, India
2 posts
8. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

Am going to visit Srinagar in 3rd week of June. Can someone please tell me which type of clothing should I carry with me?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
9. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

If you have plan for overnight stay at Gulmarg, then heavy woolens will be needed, otherwise, light woolens will suffice.

AshisRoy

Edited: 17 April 2012, 19:48
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: best time to visit Kashmir

We are planning to Visit Kahmir in the last week of June. Is it the right time to go? are rains heavy in Kashmir? And how cold would it be?