We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tulip garden in srinagar

mumbai, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
tulip garden in srinagar

anyone know the best time to visit the tulip garden in srinagar??? when will the tulips be there???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tulip garden in srinagar

THIS is the season to visit tulip gardens. We visited it last week (16th Apr) and there was such a beautiful garden full of tulips... trust me its the best garden in srinagar... so colorfull..

the people there said the tulips are there only for 20 days.. so i can't be sure exactly when it ll end.. but that wudn't b too long.. 10 days at the most ..

mumbai, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tulip garden in srinagar

Thanx Suparna,

we plan to visit from 24th april onwards...hopefully they'll still be there.. :):):). what was the weather like, we are travelling with kids under the age of 10 yrs.. would they need thermals, sweaters???? did u also do gulmarg,phalgam n sonmarg???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tulip garden in srinagar

the weather in kashmir keeps changing a lot.. while we were going up to gulmarg it was very cold n so i rented a coat n then when we reached, it was so hot!! i had to carry the coat around wit me.. :D even the kashmiri people can't guess it right.. so you should carry some basic thermal wear n sweaters just in case!

n cap is unavoidable! i got a sunburn on snow in sun!

you can visit my post on srinagar forum for more details..

mumbai, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tulip garden in srinagar

HI Suparna,

Thanx for ur valuable inputs...!!! I have taken the basic thermals and a sweater or two. So I am also told that the weather there is highly unpredictable...!! will defy remember to carry caps..!!! :):)

I will go thro ur post on the srinagar forum... thanx again..!!!

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tulip garden in srinagar

Tulips unless "prepared" flower in April throught to late May (late bloomers).

I seen pictures of the garden looks nice, I work in tulip export by the way.

6. Re: tulip garden in srinagar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 11:46