We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kashmir in September?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
39 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Kashmir in September?

hi guys,

I'm thinking about visiting around the end of September; is there any special events or things to do at that time?

I suppose the rainy season will be over by then, but skiing at Gulmarg will be out of the question. Is there any Summer activities (well, for late Sept) available at Gulmarg?

thanks guys.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kashmir in September?

Kashmir doesn't have a pronounced rainy season.

And Yes no skiing at that time. But Gulmarg is very beautiful even without Snow too !

Brussels-Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kashmir in September?

The end of september , is also a good period to visit Kashmir, The climate is soft. But it's to early for skiing in Gulmarg. You can do some trekking in Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonmarg. If you nead any other advice, please write me, I'm going very often to Kashmir .

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kashmir in September?

20/21 September will EID. Temperature nice at this time of year although colder in the evenings. Try trekking in Sonamarg or Phalagham. Great fun.

Might see you there in September will be there from 25th

Srinagar
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kashmir in September?

Hi Maharani4,

May i know where do you stay in Srinagar? What date will you be there? I wish to meet you there perhaps join you for trekking in the mountain. Is that possible. Do we need a tour guide to come along?

Srinagar
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kashmir in September?

Hi Madamsusie,

will you be going there alone or in a group? May i join you. where will you be staying? Do we need a tour guide along? I love trekking.

kolkata
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kashmir in September?

Plz advise what will be best season to visit kashmir? though we want to avoid the rush however also would not like to shun the natural beauty at its best time. plz advise

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kashmir in September?

According to me in September there will be no skiing.

Skiing starts from 25th Dec till end of march.

In gulmargh you will find gulmargh Gandola. ( Its a beautiful place for skiing )

Brussels-Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kashmir in September?

May, August and september, and till halff october is a good season

June , July also, but then it's very crowded, because of the Amarnath pelgrimage.

9. Re: Kashmir in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2010, 10:46