We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

Hi friends...

I m visiting Kashmir in month of May 2017...

Want to cover all beautiful area of Kashmir... And Srinagar,.

Looking for expert advice to plan itneary further... I have 10 days in my hand..

I m going to start my journey from Katra after Vaibhav Devi darshan.

Is road travel safe from Katra to Srinagar and is Volvo bus better or Pvt car in terms of safety and cost both.

V r three travelling me my hubby and my son

We love snow... Want to visit snow area and enjoy skinning.

Jayshree

82 replies to this topic
3 posts
71. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

Hi I am also visiting soon. Please tell the situation now a days.

72. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2017, 11:35

73. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2017, 11:28

swansea, wales
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
74. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

My daughter is flying to Srinagar from Delhi tomorrow, May 18. she is only 18 and from Wales. I am worried about her going there. will she be safe? I've only just found out and I don't even know if she's travelling alone or not. She has no warm clothes as she's been touring India since February. Please advise.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
83 reviews
75. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

Hi Axj20, as a dad of a just out of teenage daughter who also likes her independent travels, I understand your concerns.

But as your daughter has been in India now travelling for 3 months or so, she would be very confident solo young female traveller by now - she would know the general dangers and how to mitigate them. On Kashmir, the general dangers for a girl of that age is probably anyway less than many places in the developing world.

On Kashmir specific dangers and worries, so far it has held up pretty well for tourists this year. I would listen to Kasheer and Ashisroy and a few others - they are more than positive so far. Last year, when things started getting worrisome for tourists in July and August, both of them turned around and started advising tourists not to generally travel around Kashmir. As long as they don't they change their views, my read is that you can travel around in Kashmir. So follow their advise - they know the tourism dangers on a day to day basis well. If they warn, then I would worry as a parent.

The general impression from recent tourists' contribution is that they have enjoyed their trips and find the warnings over-cautious.

India
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
56 reviews
76. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

axj20

As far as Kashmir is concerned, it is now safe for tourist. However, you can advise your daughter, if she feels, may get in touch with me in this forum for any assistance during her trip to Kashmir or any other part of India. Being a father of a teen, I do understand the reason of your worries.

Edited: 18 May 2017, 06:09
77. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 16:35

78. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 16:35

New Delhi, India
12 posts
79. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

Hi...we are also planning to visit Kashmir from 10th June to 15th June 2017..please suggest. we have kids & senior citizen with us. But worried about the situation in Kashmir...

Kashmir, India
Level Contributor
775 posts
1 review
80. Re: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family

Hi shavi06,

Kashmir is very much safe NO issues with security.

Take the trip as planned. June is pleasant weather and great for ,kids and senior citizens.Do get some light woollens with you.

Have a great trip.

KASHEER

Reply to: Visiting Srinagar and Kashmir in May 2017 with family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted