We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Topic
June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

Hi everyone,

I'm planing a trip to Kashmir and am considering if we should go mid-June or Sept/Oct? Factors I would consider are non-touristy season, better weather, and general more 'character' in terms of fauna.

Thanks for your suggestions-

Regards,

J

Jammu City, India
Destination Expert
for Kashmir, Srinagar
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

September is great time to visit , non tourist season and season is great

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
34,265 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

speedny

I would suggest September, it would be nice time for Kashmir. You'll get to see the orchards full of apples, saffron fields will be spreaded with mouve coloured saffron flowers. The gardens will be partially bloomed.

AshisRoy

Edited: 21 May 2012, 07:16
New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

Hi Ashish-

thanks so much for your reply. Yup that makes sense. Also when you say 'gardens will be partially bloomed', does that mean that the gardens wil lbe fully bloomed in October?

Let me know. Also, since we are planing 12-14 days, and we don't want to do anything too touristy. Just enjoy the stay place, maybe play golf with my dad, etc. Also, when does the skiing season start? My wife and I are very good skiers and we would love to hit the slopes.

Also, we are considering the following places for night stay (wherever possible)

- Srinagar

- Gulmarg

- Phalgam

- Sonmarg

Any other spots that we should keep in mind.

Thanks so much!

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

Pahalgam is at it's best in June,and Srinagar is at its best in October because of the autumns colors and lesser crowds. Whereas Pahalgam is all green and filled with flowers in June.

Edited: 21 May 2012, 14:13
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
34,265 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

speedny

Actually, The gardens of Kashmir are in full bloom in April-May and winter (December-January) is the right time for skiing in Gulmarg. On the otherhand, for golf, winter is not the season, because, the golf course of would be under snow.

So, you have choose between these. The mentioned places are main tourist destinations of Kashmir.

AshisRoy

Edited: 21 May 2012, 18:54
delhi
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

All the four places are main tourist Destination.

Srinagar will take atleast two days as all mughal Gardens are there and many more..You can see on the Intenet..And its always to do your Home work first which you guys always do....

Incase of any thing do let me know I can be of help.

Cheers.

7. Re: June or Sept/Oct in Kashmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:46